View Single Post
Old 08-03-2016, 01:44 PM   #14
Bob Schaut

City: Madison SD
Vessel Name: Tadpole
Vessel Model: Nimble Vagabond
Vagabond

Tom,

There can be a little roll when anchored due to the flat bottom. We tend to stay in protected waters but would be ok on flat seas. Underway she can roll with the waves but maintain a comfortable heading. The lack of a deeper keel will keep you busy steering in the wind.

I have seen some with air conditioners up top like on RV campers. There is a hatch overhead in the pilot house where you could fit a small unit. We opt to not have one but if I were to travel an extended way hopping from marina to marina it would be welcome to have some cold air while sleeping.

The vee berth is plenty big for sleeping two. The cushions are a little thin so some extra padding maybe in order but we are ok with the way it was outfitted. I would not hesitate to be out for a week at a time or more. we have spent considerable time out camping on the water and feel the Vagabond is very comfortable. But I do have friends that need much more in accommodations than us for comfort. We added a bimini to the rear deck to keep the sun off.

The reason I mentioned parts missing had to do with our boat having the cabin dismantled and in parts. We had to search for items that were lost.

The bond between top and bottom is quite good on our boat. Broad and well attached. These boats were well manufactured where it counts and they created a great little boat. Ours came with a good trailer too and we have no problem taking her anywhere we can pull it. But like any boat they all have there limitations, we are very comfortable with ours.

One problem I have and have seen on other Nimble boats is the gelcoat chalking. Ours is the green hull and though cosmetic we have yet to concentrate on buffing her out. Our old Pacific Seacraft was much easier to keep shiny.

Always glad to hear when people enjoy our adventures!

Bob
Bob Schaut is offline   Reply With Quote