North East Meets Southwest

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Codger2

Guru
Vessel Name
Circuit Breaker
Vessel Make
2021..22' Duffy Cuddy cabin
The first annual TrawlerForum/ Halvorsen rendezvous was held last week and it was a howling success.

The agenda included touring the Midway Aircraft Carrier Museum, San Diego Zoo, Mikelson Yachts and their 43' Zeus, a 2006 47' Grand Banks Europa, (courtesy of Stan Miller yachts) An ocean Alex 42' Sedan, (courtesy of Orange Coast Yachts) the San Diego Yacht Club (courtesy of retired Admiral Riley Mixson) A trip up the coast to Dana Point, Laguna Beach & Newport Beach, the Rancho Santa Fe Riding Club, (horses), and several good restaurants.

Our hosts provided 3 separate tours of San Diego Bay on "SeaHorse ll" and we even stuck our nose out into the Pacific for a short while

The couple winning the "Who Came the Farthest" trophy was David & Emily Hawkins. (dwhatty) They came all the way from Deer Isle Maine!

The host & hostess were Walt & Renee Poulson. (SeaHorse ll)

The event lasted a full 7 days.

Our trophy Winners:

David & Emily Hawkins & our hosts* Walt & Renee Poulson

-- Edited by SeaHorse II on Thursday 3rd of March 2011 05:32:59 PM

Attachments

• img_3311.jpg
    img_3311.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 69
  • img_3724.jpg
    img_3724.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 64
  • img_3729.jpg
    img_3729.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 61
nice!* sorry I missed that!

SeaHorse II wrote:

The agenda included touring the Midway Aircraft Carrier Museum** ..., The host & hostess were Walt & Renee Poulson. (SeaHorse ll)

The event lasted a full 7 days.
What?* And you send us no photos of the USS Midway!

Fat, old me in the Midway's flight deck:

232323232%7Ffp53699%3Enu%3D3363%3E33%3A%3E57%3B%3EWSNRCG%3D33%3A9%3A8%3A853336nu0mrj

What a great thing to do.* So glad you wrote it up.* It sounded like loads of fun.

markpierce wrote:
What?* And you send us no photos of the USS Midway
Here's a picture of a picture.

Attachments

• midway.jpg
    midway.jpg
    137.1 KB · Views: 72
Sorry we missed it.... *now we need someone to organize something on the East Coast.... West meats East this time...

Delia Rosa wrote:

Sorry we missed it.... *now we need someone to organize something on the East Coast.... West meats East this time...
hmmmm..........

Or somewhere in between....like the Gulf Coast....:)

A great time was indeed had by all. The hosts and the accommodations were outstanding. The only downside was that California, the land of fruits and nuts, gave us miserable colds to take home with us.

West meats east? Does that mean a BBQ in the middle?

dwhatty wrote:A great time was indeed had by all. The hosts and the accommodations were outstanding. The only downside was that California, the land of fruits and nuts, gave us miserable colds to take home with us.
I checked with the CDC as to the timing, symptoms and severity of the colds and they
tracked it back to the airline and Manchester from whence you came.*
biggrin.gif

-- Edited by SeaHorse II on Tuesday 15th of March 2011 11:01:55 AM

SeaHorse II wrote:

dwhatty wrote:A great time was indeed had by all. The hosts and the accommodations were outstanding. The only downside was that California, the land of fruits and nuts, gave us miserable colds to take home with us.
I checked with the CDC as to the timing, symptoms and severity of the colds and they
tracked it back to the airline and Manchester from whence you came.*
biggrin.gif

-- Edited by SeaHorse II on Tuesday 15th of March 2011 11:01:55 AM

Funny that. CDC told me that it came to Manchester from some previous inbounds from San Diego. Not only were these inbounds cold infected, but they were also obviously mentally unsound voluntarily travelling from sunny SoCal to the frozen East. But, hey, that's Californians for you.

handshake.gif

dwhatty wrote:Funny that. CDC told me that it came to Manchester from some previous inbounds from San Diego.
We appear to be in agreement that, indeed, it came from the airlines.
worship.gif

SeaHorse II wrote:

dwhatty wrote:Funny that. CDC told me that it came to Manchester from some previous inbounds from San Diego.
We appear to be in agreement that, indeed, it came from the airlines.
worship.gif

And they will probably impose a surcharge for it.

Back
Top Bottom