View Single Post
Old 08-02-2016, 10:41 AM   #292
dhays
Guru

City: Gig Harbor
Vessel Name: Kinship
Vessel Model: North Pacific 43
I am sitting in the cockpit (covered cockpit) watching a thunderstorm here in Nanaimo. The Nanaimo Port Authority was full up so we called the NYC and the nice caretaker found a spot for us. I really appreciate the YCs like NYC that go out of their way to help reciprocal club members. It is about a mile from where my wife wanted to explore a bit so we got a nice walk in last night.

As we were on the docks heading to our boat "alesnloggers" stopped us and asked if I was "Dhays". I must have been wearing my "old guy-former sailor-American tourist" sign I guess. It was very nice to meet Dave. As has been the case, a super nice and friendly guy. Of course Dave has the advantage of both being a Canadian and a sailor. Hard to beat that combo for niceness. I had to cut our chat short because after two Long Island Ice teas with dinner, my wife really needed to use the head. Dave and his girlfriend are going to spend a few days of R and R on their sailboat.

Now it is time to leave the dock and head for Dodd Narrows and then figure out where to go from there. I get silly excited when I can sit in the PH and use the windshield wipers. It is still a novelty.

Dave
SPOT page
dhays is offline   Reply With Quote