Onboard coffee

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Moonstruck wrote:

Phil Fill wrote:

The reason I drink coffee in the morning is ½ hour later I have to use the head, so it keep me regular,*and with the creamer and sugar give me a jump start in the morning.* Caffeine and sugar high.* My wife and I both get migraines from to much coffee and/or tea.* More than two cups I get vision migraines which are not painful, but hers are painful.-- Edited by Phil Fill on Monday 14th of March 2011 12:23:41 PM
Are we on the verge of too much information here?
redface.gif

One BIG leap... and two huge steps across the line.....

I would get Migranes if I drank Folgers too... just the thought of drinking Folgers is giving me a migrane right now..

HOLLYWOOD

-- Edited by hollywood8118 on Monday 14th of March 2011 06:39:38 PM

Peggy,
Get of the box wine.
"Life's to short to drink cheap wine"
Being from the home of "le carton" you know they were invented in Australia we know what they put in them.
These days the vinyards are going thru such a tough time and there is a glut of wine, very good wines (in glass bottles)are on sale at very reasonable prices,
comon down we are open 24 /7.

Benn

Tidahapah wrote:
Peggy,
Get of the box wine.
"Life's to short to drink cheap wine"...These days the vinyards are going thru such a tough time and there is a glut of wine, very good wines (in glass bottles)are on sale at very reasonable prices,
So if I understand you correctly,* you're saying that I need to upgrade from cheap wine in a box to cheap wine in a bottle....?
biggrin.gif

Box or bottle cheap or pricy it all go's down the drain the same way.

Sorry*Peggy. Head Mistress and all.* I couldn't resist.

SD*

Since the topic of boxed wine has come up... I, too, find nothing wrong with*it.* Forget the Franzia, there is good stuff available in a box these days, it is easy to store on the boat and it keeps well once opened.* I've also found decent margaritas in a box.*

Marin refers to wine as spoiled grapes.*
smile.gif

I'm sure glad they don't put Scotch in boxes. Yet!!!

-- Edited by Carey on Monday 14th of March 2011 10:10:13 PM

My favorite wine these days....Black Swan Merlot. Very mellow wine- I can get the big 1.5L bottles for about $7.40 a bottle here at our local shop! Pretty darn good despite the low cost- better than Yellow Tail I think.

I don't know how I missed this thread!!!... first it was coffee, then tea, now wine!!!

I drink coffee I love tea and I like to wine.

All sort of go's together.

SD

Carey wrote:

I'm sure glad they don't put Scotch in boxes. Yet!!!
Booze in boxes?* Sounds like a great idea.* It would certainly reduce possible breakage/spillage.

markpierce wrote:

Booze in boxes?* Sounds like a great idea.* It would certainly reduce possible breakage/spillage.
Take it out of the box and the bladder fits into places that cans, bottles or the box would not.

JD wrote:

Take it out of the box and the bladder fits into places that cans, bottles or the box would not.
Hmmm.* Wonder what's in this bladder.* Let's have a sample.* Heck, let's sample them all.

one of our friends says the bladders also make great pillows. LOL didn't want to ask how he found that out!

Pineapple Girl wrote:

one of our friends says the bladders also make great pillows. LOL didn't want to ask how he found that out!
Shouldn't need it as a pillow until it is to empty to be*of any value as said pillow.

Some of the boxed wines are excellent, not to mention they keep much better because air never get in there like happens with bottles.

Had to get a tire adjusted today.*4 Bucks---uh, that is Starbucks Coffee is next door to the tire store.* Thought I might walk over for a cup of 4 Bucks coffee.* Then thought better and took a go cup of coffee to my taste from home.* Very good, and costs a little less, too.
smile.gif

Wow, coffee is a popular topic. At the risk of kicking off another perfect storm of emails I wanted to report that I believe I have solved my coffee problems for Invictus. I purchased the Aerobie coffee press, which arrived in the mail on Wednesday. Now that both my wife and I have had a chance to try it out I thought I would share the results with you.

It brews an excellent cup of Americano coffee, smooth, rich and mellow with no hint of acid. We used French roast coffee. I don't have experience with other French presses but this one is easy to use, easy to clean and looks like it will last a very long time. The filters are a nice touch giving a brew with absolutely no sediment. And according to the directions you can rinse the filter, clamp it back into the holder (so it drys flat) and reuse it several times before discarding it. The filters come 350 in a package for ~$3. The press came with one package of filters and I bought a spare, so now I can drink 750 cups of coffee before springing for more filters (or 1500 cups if I reuse each filter one time). Overall this device is a great low tech solution to marine coffee fiends.

Thanks for all the input. I'll keep my eye open for scotch in bags.

Peter
Invictus
NT32-101

Back
Top Bottom