Would like to know if private trawlers can go back and forth between the US and Cuba

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, not exactly.

The first time I went there was about 20 years ago. I went with the very large sailboat race out of Sarasota. All the boats were fully hosted by the yacht club at Marina del Hemingway.

We payed no immigration fees, no dockage fees and no charges for water or electricity.

The U.S. Government was fully aware of the trip and had no issues with it as far as violating the embargo goes. As long as we spend no money there nor traded for anything while there. (Wink, wink, nudge, nudge. :D)

Why I posted that I think trips have been going on for sometime now....

Your race sounds familiar to a lot of things that were "approved" yet flew in the face of the embargo.

Probably sanctioned just to keep the hornets nest stirred on all sides...:eek:

I suggest You join the Facebook group Cuba, Land and Sea - lot´s of up to date info and knowledge there - and good fun too :)

Salud - Jonas

(This was meant for the OP - not as a comment - oops).

Hopefully the one issue that hasn't confused anyone is if you wish to go to Cuba as an American citizen go. If you're intelligent enough to figure out how to buy a boat and pilot it there, you should be bright enough to figure out which exemption works for you. Legal travel to and from Cuba ain't exactly trigonometry, it's roughly akin to figuring out second grade math.

Hopefully the one issue that hasn't confused anyone is if you wish to go to Cuba as an American citizen go. If you're intelligent enough to figure out how to buy a boat and pilot it there, you should be bright enough to figure out which exemption works for you. Legal travel to and from Cuba ain't exactly trigonometry, it's roughly akin to figuring out second grade math.

They give you 12 options. You just have to choose one. It's like saying, we'd be happy allowing everyone to go, but there are some who oppose it, so we'll put in some rules that anyone can meet but it will look like we have restrictions still.

Exactly

It's analogous to the TSA at the airport. If it causes just enough inconvenience the general public will "feel safe". To run afoul of US law traveling to or from Cuba one would have to be a special kind of stupid.

"It's analogous to the TSA at the airport."

TSA is "Thousands Standing Around"

We were safer by far when private services ran security , they failed at tests far less.

Back
Top Bottom