View Single Post
Old 07-30-2016, 07:01 AM   #20
mgardner
Veteran Member

City: Saint John
Vessel Name: Ex Squiggles, current Goin Baroque...soon to be???
Vessel Model: 1979 Mainship 34 MKI
OK, so I am making progress. Bought most of my supplies from Composites Canada. Recored the entire roof. Replaced plywood with plywood and all old wet foam with new . All was covered with 2 layers of 45/45 stick matt. Lots of observations, lots of learning. 2 big ones are that the inner layer that you are rebuilding on will sag and needs support or you get an unfair hump so the support wall should have had plywood strips running to outer walls or something. The other biggie is the work to wet out the stitch mat, it is thick. The roof is still more springy than I think it should be in the overhang section but I will deal with it later. Main goal is to get the thing back together and in the water to salvage the last 3 months of the season. Made an album in flicker, will label them eventually but the idea of what was involved is there.I also replaced the rudder stuffing box backing block. That was a PITA , it has made me want to place another hatch in the cockpit! Please let me know if you can or cannot see my album. Thanks, Mike Link>>>>> https://flic.kr/s/aHskAS6PXP
mgardner is offline   Reply With Quote