View Single Post
Old 07-29-2016, 02:24 PM   #37
Jeffrey S
Scraping Paint

City: Full-time onboard
Vessel Model: Trawler
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmarchand View Post
The booking commission for hotels and airlines is much less on both than the 30% that Jeff talks about, and I have a hard time believing that Brewers would pay 30% to MarinaLife for a dock reservation.
From Quora:
Booking.com charges between 10-15% whereas expedia charges between 18-25%. Also, big hotel chains only offer 10-15% whereas standalone hotels offer 15-30% in terms of commissions.

Every Brewer yard is a partner of ActiveCaptain - fantastic destinations too, BTW. We consult with them. We're involved deeply with their management. They sent a photographer to take a picture of us pulling Red Head into Brewer Capri for their next newsletter (first time I ever docked the boat). Along with that, we're involved with the business side of hundreds of other marinas. Topping that is that nearly every one of these slip reservations companies wanted our API and endorsement and had conversations directly with me. Help me balance that experience against why you don't believe I know what the slip commission charges are?
Jeffrey S is offline   Reply With Quote