Is A Charles Industries Charger Great?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Interesting, can you give some links pls.

Links....links to what. Sunchaser simply said one or more high end Chinese builders had bedeviling electrical issues and I said a couple of European builders did as well. The most notorious would be Azimut.

Links....links to what. Sunchaser simply said one or more high end Chinese builders had bedeviling electrical issues and I said a couple of European builders did as well. The most notorious would be Azimut.

Understand, 40+ years as a dutch marine engineer i've never heard of that, but you might be right.

One of my closest friends is a marine electrician...and he absolutely abhors working on those boats. It may just be a different engineering philosophy. I have flown Swedish aircrast(Saab) and French aircraft(ATR). And I did not think their engineering was up to something like a Boeing. BUT, they have passed all rigorous testing and have been flying around safely for decades. So it really is more of a bias of what I think is correct.....and I still do.

Understand, 40+ years as a dutch marine engineer i've never heard of that, but you might be right.

I've never heard of it on dutch builders. However, I've heard of it often on Italian builders, especially Italian built boats for the US. That, and poor service by the dealer are the reasons Azimut has a very poor reputation in the US. (I've heard Benetti/Azimut have a much better reputation in Europe). I've heard it mentioned as an issue less frequently on other builders but partly because they have less US presence. But I've heard complaints on Prestige. Also on Jeanneau powerboats. What percentage of the problems to attribute to the build and what percent to poor support in the US I couldn't say, but do think both are factors.

Meanwhile, I've heard no criticisms ever of Dutch boats, from Feadship to Delta and all in between. Dutch boats will have excellent systems laid out well and precisely in the manner of the specifications and drawings. Not including the most infamous fake Dutch boat which is VanDutch, which is built at whichever US builder will build for them at the moment. Back to Azimut for a moment, one of the criticisms is that two boats of the same model may be wired and plumbed very differently.

To add, I don't know which Chinese builder Sunchaser has in mind, but would be interested in him saying which.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom