Fuel polishing during layup periods.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ralphyost wrote:

"Anything is possible if you dont know what you are talking about"

R.

I like it. I may have to use it from time to time.*
smile.gif

Carey
I have that saying printed and hanging in my office. I point to it often!

I will leave it here for the next guy when I retire in Dec......part of my "legacy".

R.

Art,
i to like Soltron.
I have been using it for a long time.
Have use a lot of other additives in my time both here on my own boat and at work on various diesel engines.
Setteled on Soltron for my own use and sticking with it.

Benn

Tidahapah wrote:Art,
i to like Soltron.
I have been using it for a long time.
Have use a lot of other additives in my time both here on my own boat and at work on various diesel engines.
Setteled on Soltron for my own use and sticking with it.

Benn
Benn - IMHO, and you seem to concur;*it appears Soltron is the best*GAS*or DIESEL*additive on the*market.* Inexpensive too.* It has done and continues to do really good things to my*Tollycraft's*gasoline, tanks' interiors, and entire fuel line... including the 4bbl carburetors.* Ive been using it for two years; actually I use it at 1/2 strength on most fill ups with an occasional full strength application - just to kick my Tolly's system the a..!* Haven't heard one bad thing about Soltron from other users... yet.* Except one yahoo that complained on another forum*about its*cost... get over it, please! LOL*- Art*

Never heard of Soltron!* I have to check it out.* Great to learn something new every day on the Forum!

JohnP

I also have been using Soltron for years with good success. West Marine carries it as Startron now, under the Starbrite product line. Blue liquid, same stuff.

Guys ,
One thing to remember is to occasionally change your product so that the bugs don't get resistant to your normal additive.
I do this about every 4 th fuel load.

Benn

Tidahapah wrote:Guys , One thing to remember is to occasionally change your product so that the bugs don't get resistant to your normal additive. I do this about every 4 th fuel load. Benn
Hey Benn - Confusing them bugs*with various additives sounds like good advice.* Hadn't thought of that one!* In addition to Soltron... can you recomend other brands you feel are*good to use??* Thanks, Art

Fuel polishing, off/on.* Also, time to fill up?* (Don't know about the "digital multicontrol" yet.)

img_48198_0_cd9e20aff8e4e2963c7e0abbc92a5b68.jpg

markpierce wrote:
Fuel polishing, off/on.* Also, time to fill up?*
You fuel tank gauge is a*Tank Tender by Hart Industries.* Their web site is:* http://www.thetanktender.com/

The gauges always read 0 unless you are "taking" a reading.* You will need to*calibrate each tank.

Oh, you are going to have some fun reading manuals and figuring out everything.
confuse.gif

So many systems and subsystems!* Egad.* Definitely lots of homework ahead.* Trust it will be just part of the fun.

markpierce wrote:
So many systems and subsystems!* Egad.* Definitely lots of homework ahead.* Trust it will be just part of the fun.
**********Mark.* Enjoy the up-coming honeymoon period--I am sure it will be the beginning of a long lasting relationship.

******** JohnP

PDL,

Pass down LOG , is a standard in the US NAVY.

It is a quick place to look up what ever is needed , right now!

While you are getting familiar with the new boat keep a log , of most everything you discover.

WRITE IT DOWN,

Sure you wont be selling the boat soon , or might not forget what you learn soon , but the time will come.

WRITE IT DOWN , and sometime when you need a simple task, put it in order.

Water in the bilge?

Engine stopped?

Dead starting batteries?

With a good PDL, when the bilge floods , the engine stops , and the anchor wont hold some night on a lee shore , the watch stander wont even have to wake you!!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom