View Single Post
Old 03-13-2011, 06:50 PM   #15
coyote454

City: Brookings
Vessel Name: Stargazer
Vessel Model: Mainship 34
Carnage in Brookings Harbor, Oregon

The boat has damage, but it's mostly in the railing and stanchions. *The starboard and aft rails will have to be replaced as they took the brunt of the force.

One window took, what I assume, was a sailboat spar through it as it looked like that kind of damage. The hull has what appears to be a hole in it, but it's a few inches above the waterline. *So far, the boat's taken no water.

Cap rails are damaged and there's several gouges in the hull I can see, but all very repairable. *The surveyor was down today to snap pictures. *I gave him the video to watch so he can actually see the violence of the event.

The hard hull inflatable, which was on the transom, acted as an air bag and most likely staved off damage to the stern. *The inflatable's destroyed, but the boat gave it's life for a good cause!

All in all, the damage isn't too bad for the amount of 'bumper-car' hits they all were dishing out. *And no one was injured here at the port, so we're doing okay.

-- Edited by coyote454 on Sunday 13th of March 2011 07:53:03 PM
Attached Thumbnails
damage to christylee 008.jpg   damage to christylee 016.jpg   damage to christylee 011.jpg   damage to christylee 001.jpg   damage to christylee 007.jpg  

damage to christylee 005.jpg  
coyote454 is offline   Reply With Quote