Seasickness

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Somers,** Save a couple briquets for me- I may need them in the Boston Whaler!

JohnP

JohnP

You have to take that up with Rex .

I wonder if animals get seasick. ? like a boat cat or boat dog.

Another thought is that you go out for a fish dinner and get home not feeling great.
Plan "A" *is *ALWAYS *Call the doctor. or get to the ER.

SOMERS wrote:

I know they get car sick on the way to the boat.

Or is that on the way back home?*** can't remember.

JohnP

Our "Pan Pan" regularly gets seasick, unless he gets a piece of a gravol in time.

We had a Daschie that loved to go fishing with us, on offshore trips he did get seasick a couple of times throwing up and groggy. The vet recommended benadril don't remember the dosages, Once he tackled a flopping fish on the deck and got a trebel hook in his ear, didn't go in past the barb so was easy to back out. Gave him a good sting though.
Steve

We carry "Pecan Sandies" for those that get seasick, has worked every time!

SOMERS wrote:

You bet they do!* Our cat starts getting sick the minute she figures out she is on the way to the boat, but usually saves the fireworks for the really rough passages.* As the years have gone on, she seems to get a little better, but she still hates us for it.* I keep telling her the alternative is to live in a dumpster while were at sea, but it doesn't seem to help.*

As a professional mariner who get sea sick, I've tried all the cures, some better than others, but I've discovered what works best for me is to get plenty of sleep prior to the trip.* When I'm sleep deprived I'm very susceptible to seasickness..............Arctic Traveller

charles wrote:

DONT GET HUNGARY, did I mention that!
Keeping a full stomach has other benefits, like if you do end up getting sick, at least you won't have the dry heaves, and as FF once said, be sure to eat stuff that taste's good both ways..........................Arctic Traveller

Dogs and cats do get carsick and seasick for sure.*

Here is a product that does work.* It is called Thunder Shirt and is used for dogs*with*anxiety.* It was first used for dogs that were*having problems with electrical storms and then found to work in other situations as well.

Usually a dog can hear a thunder storm a lot sooner than a human and they start to get fidgety.* Using the Thunder Shirt has a tremendous calming affect on the animal.* It works on the T touch principle. *http://www.ttouch.com/* I have never been a big believer in T touch but in this case, if that is the reason, it does work.*

As I understand it, it works as in swaddling a baby does in a blanket.* What ever the reason if we are expecting a storm our dog gets his Thunder Shirt on and we do not have a problem.* It has cured him of his apprehension of riding in both the car and the boat.* He now rides in the back seat and looks out of the window at time where as before he would be wet mouthed and constantly moving around.* On the boat he comes up on the Fly bridge and falls a sleep on the bench. Before he would pace all around the boat and could*never find a spot to lie down.

Here is a link. http://www.thundershirt.com/

I am not connected in any way with this product just know that it works.

Back
Top Bottom