Trawler Build Forum

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andy G

Hospitality Officer
Vessel Name
Sarawana
Vessel Make
IG 36 Quad Cabin
This one is for the Mods.

Over the years i have always kept an eye on the Halvorsen Forum, for obvious reasons. It has occured to me in all those years I have never come across one post from a Halvo' owner. They are all from the poorer cousins of the Hong Kong Island Gypsy side of the family.

This is not really surprising as the classic Halvorsen's are not 'Trawler' style vessels, nor to my knowledge are the owners of that mind set either. Island Gypsy's were never built in Australia, nor was the brand ever owned by the Halvorsen family.

So, how would everyone feel about re-branding to Island Gypsy, or am I being too precious?

Last edited:
I accept the blame for that Andy. One of the projects undertaken by me as a previous moderator was to update the builder sub-forums. When updating the Halvo group the new title was supposed to be Halvorsen Designs/Island Gypsy. Looks like I missed a couple words :blush:

Classic Halvorsen owners, have their own Club and are reluctant to have IG owners. So I`m with Andy. But complicating it, there were Halvorsens which were "trawlerish", like the SD 34s(remember Codger2`s boat) and 38s, made in later years. Not by Halvorsen of course but by some Chinese outfit with the moulds and designs, and it seems,the name. So to be inclusive Craig`s composite idea may have merit.

Thank you,just noticed the change. The world is now spinning on it's correct axis again. ;)

Thank you,just noticed the change. The world is now spinning on it's correct axis again. ;)

Just to clarify that, in response to Andy's suggestion, the relevant forum section has been renamed...

Island Gypsy/Halvorsen Designs, and is here...

Island Gypsy/Halvorsen Designs

We aim to please, you aim too, please...no, that's the sign for that other place, isn't it... :D

Back
Top Bottom