The French Picnic

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Let me guess, Turkey sandwiches?
Steve W.

I've heard about this one, but never attended. Don't you have to tie up to the bank over there? The link doesn't provide much information.

Steve wrote:
Let me guess, Turkey sandwiches?
Steve W.
*Steve,

Those would be Turkey sandwiches on French bread.*

No Steve people bring real gourmet French dishes.* You would be surprised.*

Hey John
I love your Avatar. It must have been challenging to get so many balloonists to agree to float past you at just the right time :)biggrin:)First try on the picture I hope- :)
Where was the picture taken? What I shot. You must have planned well in advance?

Forkliftt wrote:
Hey John I love your Avatar. It must have been challenging to get so many balloonists to agree to float past you at just the right time :)biggrin:)First try on the picture I hope- :) Where was the picture taken? What I shot. You must have planned well in advance?
*Steve,

I actually did not have anything to do with the picture ahead of time.* The picture was taken in Clear Lake not far from NASA here in Seabrook / Kemah Texas.* The picture was taken by a friend who happed to be anchored in Clear Lake taking photos of "Ballunar Fest".* Traveling Star was on her maden voyage after being in the shipyard for 4 months getting lots of fiberglass repairs and paint all over.* All of the trim had been removed for painting and most of the trim still has not been reinstalled.*

This is a photo that Doug, one of the owners of the Trawler Forum took just before I bought it.* "Reverie" washed ashore in Port Arthur during IKE

Attachments

• pa185914.jpg
    pa185914.jpg
    203.4 KB · Views: 136
Amazing! I sure am glad to see her back in service. Thats a one in a million shot.

Ah, my hometown, the Port Arthur yacht club. The big golf ball / water tower is a landmark.

Back
Top Bottom