I'd rather be boating than...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MurrayM

Guru
Vessel Name
Badger
Vessel Make
30' Sundowner Tug
...putting together IKEA kitchen cabinets grrrrrr :mad:

Well, not really complaining too much because it sure beats being jobless and homeless living under a bridge somewhere...just not in my 'happy place'!!!

Anybody else not doing what we all love to do, and what is that, if not too incriminating?

Last edited:
the first thing that i thought of was playing pokemon go. I have been on the hard way to long

We leave the dock heavy and come back light. Often 200 gallons of fuel and some amount of water lighter.

In displacement mode the floscans do not show a notable difference in consumption.

In semi planing mode, the boat runs a couple knots faster, and approx same fuel consumption. Maybe a touch less but not much.

Boat is 40K lbs approx.

You gluing things down today with a lack of ventilation? ;) (Think that was meant for the boat weight thread, yes?)

Last edited:
yes :banghead: thanks!

Good to know.

Here's a tip...take it or leave it...if the ceiling starts to drip phosphorescent globules of iridescent slow motion goo, it's time to take a break :D

I'd rather be boating than working on "the list" of home improvements.

But then again, since we are getting 35 knot winds and 12 foot seas, maybe knocking a few items off the list isn't such a bad idea at the moment.

Too hot for boatwork today, so I fixed two towel bars, hung curtains and cleaned the garage, grocery shopping. Does it get better than that?:cry: Highlight of my day was when Cardude texted that he'd been run aground by the propwash of a big tow on the Gulf ICW. Good samaritan pulled him off.

Too hot for boatwork today, so I fixed two towel bars, hung curtains and cleaned the garage, grocery shopping. Does it get better than that?:cry: Highlight of my day was when Cardude texted that he'd been run aground by the propwash of a big tow on the Gulf ICW. Good samaritan pulled him off.

You better be done with your Bucky projects by December. I coming to see you; I know where you dock!

Ted

I'd rather be cruising my trawler than running my charter boat. Just finished a week of charters. Heading up the Pocomoke river on Tuesday for 3 days of cruising and kayaking.

Ted

I'd much rather be boating than sweating my quadrantal spheres off unloading rocks in Cleveland.

Frankly, I'd rather be boating than doing just about anything else.

....working on my boat.

Oh wait, I guess that is boating. ?

"..putting together IKEA kitchen cabinets grrrrrr :mad:"

Only the first one requires looking at the drawings ,

after that its a snap, and they are worth the effort.

"..putting together IKEA kitchen cabinets grrrrrr :mad:"

Only the first one requires looking at the drawings ,

after that its a snap, and they are worth the effort.

Well slap my ass and call me Judy, FF...thanks for that tidbit of condescending information and I'm glad you are so happily entertained by simple repetitive tasks :thumb:

Myself, I'd rather go boating, which was the whole point of this thread :socool:

I'm glad you are so happily entertained by simple repetitive tasks :thumb:

Having laid up 11 drums of resin to create my 90/90 I'm glad too.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom