View Single Post
Old 07-25-2016, 01:25 PM   #15
DHeckrotte
Guru

City: Philadelphia, PA
Vessel Name: Revel
Vessel Model: 1984 Fu Hwa 39
My admirable admiral likes the silly little tub. It's got some entertainment value; while our Northeast 38 sailboat has a fireplace with a Delft tile surround, cocktail braggadocio about a bathtub on the trawler receives raised eyebrows, too.

Like the rest of the interior of the boat, the tub and surround are in good condition, so there's little necessity to change it. Nice to see that there are great alternatives, though!

It's certainly too small for me to shower in w/o sitting, and the headroom is exactly my height. The one time I tried it (this trawlering stuff is new to us this season), I had to sit to shower but then could not stand back up.

So, I've made a folding Teak seat that will raise the moulded-in seat to a useful height for sitting and showering (my AA says she will not use it). An unsolved detail is that the moulded-in seat slopes so much that the new seat won't stay put.

(The blocks in the background will be used shortly to bend and epoxy Ash lamina for the kayak davit - to lift the AA's kayak up to the flybridge.)
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_2593.jpg   IMG_2594.jpg   IMG_2595.jpg  
DHeckrotte is offline   Reply With Quote