Old 07-23-2016, 11:12 PM   #208
Peter B
TF Site Team

City: Ex-Brisbane, (Australia), now Bribie Island, Qld
Vessel Name: Now boatless - sold 6/2018
Vessel Model: Had a Clipper (CHB) 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad Willy View Post
But Peter he says they never foul .. in 8 years of using this setup.

And it's a lot simpler that the system in the mag article.
I think that was my point Eric. If they have never fouled in all that time, when in the normal course of events, one anchor would have to be being dragged past the other as they re-set after a current/tide/significant wind shift, and during which you would surely expect the Rocna to pick up the line to the Fortress across its fluke once in a while at least, does sort of beg the question...is the Rocna, the second anchor, and therefore the one that would have to be dragged past the Fortress in that re-set, ever in fact doing so..?

Or, is it staying set, twisting round, or breaking out but re-setting so quickly it is in effect rendering the Fortress at the end of the connecting line, basically redundant..? One would never know. You can't see. But never fouling one on the other in all those years might be the only evidence that might be the case.

My respectful suggestion therefore to PgiTug, is to just leave the Fortress off a few times and see how that goes. What's to lose..? Psneeld does that all the time. Marin also. In fact everyone else that uses a Rocna I know of does just that. He may be going to that extra effort for nothing, even if he has it down to a fine art. Just sayin'