wooden trawler

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Cruising or living on board in a boat is one hobby.

Maintaining a woodie is a different hobby.

Which hobby interests you?

Cruising or living on board in a boat is one hobby.

Maintaining a woodie is a different hobby.

Which hobby interests you?

That's a really good one FF.:thumb:

thanks for all the help will see it tomorrow saturday. also i looked at a 48ft number 1 wood hull marine trader had water in the bilge area up to the pump is this normal for a planked boat thanks sam

thanks for all the help will see it tomorrow saturday. also i looked at a 48ft number 1 wood hull marine trader had water in the bilge area up to the pump is this normal for a planked boat thanks sam
Pretty much. Wood boats always have some water in the bilge or almost always at least. Very rare to see a dry bilge in a woodie. Depending on how its built it can usually be fixed if its enough to be annoying.

The engine looks like a Lehman 120 to me. Natural aspirated with a CAV fuel system.

They tended to leak here and there, and they were kinda heavy old clunkers, but they ran OK. I've overhauled a couple, and they're straightforward to work on. Just remember to check the lube oil level in the injection pump (it's separate from the crankcase) when you check the oil in the pan.

The last one I encountered became a mooring and I replaced it with a 125 HP Isuzu 4BG1T.

Good Luck!

JS

well i didnt get to go woke up not feeling good for a couple days will try and go next week sam

also ist weekend of aug going to take a trip to fla. to look at a couple of ex navy trawler fiberglass and a alum. trawler if nothing happens thanks sam

Back
Top Bottom