Our sunset at anchor song

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dougcole

Guru
Vessel Name
Morgan
Vessel Make
'05 Mainship 40T
Back in the early 90's my wife and I did a bareboat charter in the BVI, our first ever, and our first visit to anyplace by boat other than Florida. We were very young. The second night we were anchored in White Bay on JVD and right at sunset the wind laid down and it slicked off completely. As the sun went down I popped in this song, it was on a CD back then.

It was a very special thing for my wife and I.

Ever since then, whenever we get those same conditions in a beautiful anchorage I try to remember to do it again. Had about 10 of those nights last month on our Northern Abacos trip.

Just going down memory lane, my father in law went in to hospice tonight and won't make it through the next day or so. I'm emotional. I hope you don't mind.

Sorry to hear about your wife's ol' man. I pray that it is an easy crossing.

As for our At Anchor song? We stick on a Barefoot Man CD and laugh and dance the evening away!

Last edited:
Fortunately, beautiful sunsets are common. Appreciation depends on the mood.

Dougcole; said:
It was a very special thing for my wife and I.
A peaceful song to say so long.
It will be even more special going forward.
Thoughts to your wife.

While a relative newby here, blessing to you and your family.

Lost my Dad in '12, had to be the one making the call. No fun at all. Relish the good times and look forward not back.

Sorry to hear of this, I know the feeling, lost both my parents in the last 4 years. Never heard that song before but after hearing it I can see why you like it. Stay well.

Thanks for that, Doug. Good timing for the way I feel tonight. I love the idea of re-living a moment while you can. God bless you and yours.

Cheers!

My thoughts and prayers and with you and your wife and your father in law.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom