Moving a Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Just Bob

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Liberdade
Vessel Make
Ocean Alexander 54
Is it possible to move a thread.* I started one on the "Electronics" page titled "Depth Sounder Transducers"* which became much more about our Ocean Alexander 54T.* I think it would be seen and appreciated by more under the O/A brand page?

Thank you,

Is it possible to move a thread.* I started one on the "Electronics" page titled "Depth Sounder Transducers"* which became much more about our Ocean Alexander 54T.* I think it would be seen and appreciated by more under the O/A brand page?

Thank you,

Looking to move my thread in a week or so as I have only just seen where it should be. How do I do this/
Stan

I'll get it...

...How's that?

As Craig posted above, feel free to report the post and request the action in the comment box.

Cheers!

I'll get it...

...How's that?

As Craig posted above, feel free to report the post and request the action in the comment box.

Cheers!

Thanks Craig and Al.
I just randomly found (after a year ) where I should have put it. I did ask when I began the Bad Monkey thread in general discussions if it was the right place but no-one commented so I thought it was the right place!

I'll mention in my next couple of post this week that we will move it over. That way people will know where it went to.
I'll contact you then Al if that's alright.

Last edited:
Capstan, if you use the report feature, any one of the Mods can get to it easily. That way if I'm out of town (like I'll be in the near future), others can assist.

Yup. Just using the report feature is absolutely the best way to get some action. The primary purpose of that button is to report a post which you think has a problem of some sort. But it also gets the attention of all of the mods. Obviously we are not all available at all times, since we are in different time zones. But you will always get quick attention from someone. So just any request that we can help with is fair game. You may get some personal thanks for the report, but whether you do or not, any report is always appreciated.

I never pay attention to a post's category. The thread's title is most important.

I never pay attention to a post's category. The thread's title is most important.

Maybe not so important in catching your attention, and deciding to click on it, Mark, but the category most appropriate is absolutely important for the OP to get it right for the convenience of the members generally, and so we are not continually having to move threads after they have grown legs. For a time there we had folk posting all sorts of stuff under this "How To Use The Forum, Site News & Account Concerns" heading, for example, which is supposed to be about what the title implies...even now we have expanded the title to be more self-explanatory we still end up with queries re engines, plumbing, or electrics, etc, on here on occasion. :popcorn:

Last edited:
Before I became a Mod, I hesitated to report something because I didn't want to bother the Site Team, didn't want to seem like a whiner, didn't want to cause them to work on my behalf. Now that I'm a Mod, I see the err of my thoughts.

We actually appreciate the TF members using that feature b/c it sends the same message to all the team and alleviates the need for one Mod to brief the others on what's going on. Also, we have a private forum where we can keep track of these issues needing our attention and in many cases, it's first come-first fix. We can tackle the issues as we find the time.

So bring it on! Report away and we can help you more efficiently. We have a great team of members from across the country, in both hemispheres and across the Pacific. We enjoy what we do and are happy to help.

Cheers!!

Back
Top Bottom