Balmar Smartguage

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rackeu

Vessel Name
Adrian Leigh
Vessel Make
President 47
I read the Smartgauge manual where it says to wire directly to the battery posts. My house battery bank consists of two 8D's which are only paralled together via the 1-2-ALL switch. All of the batteries' neg posts are wired together (incl. a separate eng start batt), but not the positives. What would be the easiest way to install the Smartgauge under this scenario, or would it require two?

Thanks for your time.

I am not sure as I have a similar set up.

I have mine wired to the main buss bars but feel like I am getting erroneous readings as there is a differential between the 2 banks even though both are connected through the switch all the time.

I had a question about our smartgauge a few months ago and got a fast answer back from the email address in the link below (CDI Electronics apparently purchased Balmar a couple years ago)

Technical Support | CDI Electronics

I'm not familiar with these gauges specifically bit i imagine you would need to wire the gauge to a toggle that then run individual wires to each battery positive and just click between the two to check them individually?

As I understand it, one SG per bank. Balmar seems quite clear that the wires run directly to the battery bank. For your 8Ds, I'd run from the positive at the big red cable to the other battery's negative at the big black cable so you're measuring across the bank.

Back
Top Bottom