Cost for complete new waste system

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hawgwash

Guru
Forgetting about labour, electrical, through hulls and deck pump out connection, I need a ballpark on a complete midrange system;
Head.
Tank.
Piping.
Macerator.

Attachments

• marine-sanitation-diagram-3.jpg
    marine-sanitation-diagram-3.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 460
15 gallon Ronco Holding tank $250
Raritan Marine Elegance Fresh Water Flush Toilet. $536
Jabsco 50890 Diaphram Waste Pump $227

Your choices will vary but what I've suggested is a pretty good system.
The tank can be larger or smaller.
The toilet can be a little better or a couple hundred dollars cheaper.
The waste pump could go as low as a $150 macerater.

Lots of variables to consider.
Even the human litter box that Murray suggested is an option.

I see you are already familiar with human litter boxes.

Jabsco 50890 Diaphram Waste Pump $227.
Cool. Thank you sir.
Murray, you want a good deal? Empty or full your choice.

Cool. Thank you sir.
Murray, you want a good deal? Empty or full your choice.

Hmmm...a tantalizing offer indeed, subject of course to detailed olfactoric analysis of PO's BM's :D

I take it the PO "let it go" a bit too long and it stinks somewhat?

Hmmm...a tantalizing offer indeed, subject of course to detailed olfactoric analysis of PO's BM's :D

I take it the PO "let it go" a bit too long and it stinks somewhat?
No idea, I haven't seen it.
I just wanted a ballpark so I might know how much to grind the guy over having to take a chainsaw to a v-berth outhouse.

The diagram sez it all, the waste pump works best when it is gravity fed .

Asked to lift waste ,various parts can dry out , and you have to clean it to have it operate.

Gravity is your friend.

I am not familiar with Canadian laws or where you boat. If on open water or navigable waterway, you might look into a Purasan unit. About $2K including electric head and hoses. If legal in your area - No more odors and pumpouts

I am not familiar with Canadian laws or where you boat. If on open water or navigable waterway, you might look into a Purasan unit. About $2K including electric head and hoses. If legal in your area - No more odors and pumpouts

Pumpouts are few and far between. Mostly we empty the tank at sea when we are running to different places.

Jim
Sent from my iPad using Trawler Forum

No idea, I haven't seen it.
I just wanted a ballpark so I might know how much to grind the guy over having to take a chainsaw to a v-berth outhouse.

Depending on your situation, you might want to consider adding a treatment system (Electro/scan or Purasan, e.g., Hold 'N' Treat) to your proposed cost.

-Chris

Depending on your situation, you might want to consider adding a treatment system (Electro/scan or Purasan, e.g., Hold 'N' Treat) to your proposed cost.
Chris, all that stuff is just too complicated for a guy who always did it just like the bears. This boat has something called a "Vacusan" system and when ask about it earlier, Peggy harumphed...good enough for me.

Besides, seeing gumboots in the ER says a lot.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!
:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

This boat has one of those dung piles, that's why I asked.

3 dozen of these and you will be good to go Hawgwash!

Attachments

• Dung Beatle.jpg
    Dung Beatle.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 204
Jabsco 50890 Diaphram Waste Pump $227

15 gals is a bit on the small side. Don't forget hoses....this not the place to go cheap if want an odor free system. $8-15/ft for hoses that can remain odor free for as long as 20 years...hard PV can be an option for long straight runs.

I'll be glad to help you spec out the best location(s) for the tank(s) and the plumbing runs. "One size fits all" diagrams are good starting points, but rarely actually fit even one exactly 'cuz every boat is different.

" Human litter boxes"...:D Hadn't heard that one before....

What goes in must come out; I don't see the advantage.:D

Well these little fellas will roll it up and take it away as well!

Attachments

• dung beatle.jpg
    dung beatle.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 192
Well these little fellas will roll it up and take it away as well!
Lol...should be mandatory for every politician.

By the way, this quaint little place still exist?

Attachments

• IMG_0267.jpg
    IMG_0267.jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 69
15 gals is a bit on the small side. Don't forget hoses....this not the place to go cheap if want an odor free system. $8-15/ft for hoses that can remain odor free for as long as 20 years...hard PV can be an option for long straight runs.

I'll be glad to help you spec out the best location(s) for the tank(s) and the plumbing runs. "One size fits all" diagrams are good starting points, but rarely actually fit even one exactly 'cuz every boat is different.

" Human litter boxes"...:D Hadn't heard that one before....
Thanks Peggy, great advise as always. I thought 40 gal holding would be a good start in our area.

Dung beetles, train them to roll it over the side.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom