View Single Post
Old 07-13-2016, 09:23 AM   #20
Nomad Willy
Guru

City: Concrete Washington State
Vessel Name: Willy
Vessel Model: Willard Nomad 30'
Very well said Peter,
For better understanding you should be aware of some of the details and know enough to not buy an unsuitable boat but for the practical side of the issue Peter is right and expressed it well. Sometimes marketing forces promote manufacturers to make odd combinations but most all boats are designed by a NA and are fine. But some boats and engine combinations are more suited to some buyers than others.

A twin has advantages and so does a single. I have a single. But if I had an unlimited pile of money I'd make it into a twin. But then I would have a different boat too. But it's up to all of us no mater how much we know or think we know about boats to use knowledge to guide us in choosing boats but perhaps practical considerations will often be the stronger element of choosing.

Knowledge or assumed to be knowledge may dictate what to buy but you may likely buy what comes up on YW or what appears in your local harbor. It may have the wrong number of engines and you may be wise to throw out what you know or think about that and buy that wonderful boat. Some are not open minded enough to make that leap.

One last thought. Twin engined boats 30' or less is so unusual the likelyhood of having to choose on this # of engines issue is very unlikely

North Western Washington State USA
Nomad Willy is offline   Reply With Quote