View Single Post
Old 07-11-2016, 08:42 PM   #37
psneeld
Guru

City: Ft Pierce
Vessel Name: Sold
Vessel Model: Was an Albin/PSN 40
I used to save people's lives left and right...illegal for me to accept a tip.

Later in life, people would tip me $100 bucks for towing in their 17 foot Whaler for an hour which was about as easy as it got.

What the heck are most of you talking about?

If you didn't get tipped, maybe nobody liked you....harsh but true. I have had 10 different marine jobs since retiring from the USCG, most part time and have been tipped in every one of them.

Did I expect to? Never.......was it nice? Yep..and dozens of tips I refused because of many reasons. Other times, the tip was generous, so I stuck around and saved them a $200 plus yard bill for the $50 they gave me.

So all I can say is when I worked for minimum wage or less saving people's lives or boats...I couldn't accept tips...but when I had a cake job, they came in gobs sometimes.

Life balances out and I figure out no matter how much you make, for whatever reason, if you deserve a tip...take it graciously, you probably earned it.

I was a lousy tipper till I started getting them.....probably now, I started tipping so we'll to cool people, I have given back way more in tips that I ever got.....

And you know what???? It feels pretty damned good when I see that big smile.......
psneeld is online now   Reply With Quote