Fuel Consumption

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bryant

Guru
Vessel Name
Sakura Perdido
Vessel Make
Grand Banks 36 Classic
I have a 1984 GB 36 Classic with a Ford Lehman 120. It's "new" to me and I've had a fuel line leak into the bilge so it's difficult to determine what I'm burning. What are other people with a similar motor seeing as a fuel consumption rate?

Why not just wait until you have run her some more and see what you get.

Every boat is different.

Greetings,
Mr. B. Welcome aboard. I think you can expect in the neighborhood of 1.75 GPH to 2+a bit GPH depending on RPM. 1750 (the "sweet spot" for Lehmans) should yield around the 2 GPH mark.

Yes, I'm planning to do that but I'd like to know what other people are seeing to use as a basis for comparisson.

We have a Helmsman 38. Fully electronic engine, 230 hp cummins, so we get the GPH reported digitally at every speed. We find at 7 kt we burn 2.3-2.5 GPH

Bryant,
You've got a good boat for minimizing fuel burn relative to boat size in a SD design. Most GB 36's are twins w a total of 760 cu in displacement.

A 50% load is 3gph.

I have a 1984 GB 36 Classic with a Ford Lehman 120. It's "new" to me and I've had a fuel line leak into the bilge so it's difficult to determine what I'm burning. What are other people with a similar motor seeing as a fuel consumption rate?

I have a 40 Albin with a single Lehman. I burn about 1.75 gal per hour at around 1700/1750 rpm. Like RT said you should be in that range.

Like Jay, slightly bigger prop.....burn near 2 gph up around 1650 rpm.

Pushes my boat with a 34 foot lwl about 6.3 knots average still water speed.

Averaged over my last 10,000 miles.....1.9 gph at 6.3 knots for 3.3 nmpg.

Last edited:
depends first on how fast you go.
I don't see how you could possibly run the boat if the fuel was leaking in sufficient quantity to affect mileage. What you get now is what you will get later.

Back
Top Bottom