Wind Alert

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dhmeissner

Guru
Vessel Name
The Promise
Vessel Make
Roughwater 35
Anybody use this program? They have a 14 day free trial. Here is a screenshot, it looks like a nice tool to have on board.

WindAlert

Here is a screenshot:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    147.4 KB · Views: 83
We used it extensively bringing our boat home to Michigan from Virginia. Found it to be pretty accurate. Only downside is on the great lakes it does not give wave heights like it does in the ocean.

Have used the free version for about three years and found it to be very reliable. They do a good job with the hour by hour wind. I have never upgraded to the "Gold" version because I have other apps that essentially give me the same additional info on weather.

I haven't used that one but I have an app called SailFlow on my Android phone that does the same thing but presents it in color and it was free.

Comodave, I grew up in Saginaw and had a cottage on Pt. Lookout when I was young. We spent a lot of time in Au Gres then and I still get back there every couple of years. Nice area for boating.

We used it extensively bringing our boat home to Michigan from Virginia. Found it to be pretty accurate. Only downside is on the great lakes it does not give wave heights like it does in the ocean.

Comodave, I grew up in Saginaw and had a cottage on Pt. Lookout when I was young. We spent a lot of time in Au Gres then and I still get back there every couple of years. Nice area for boating.

What a small world! I'm in and out of the Saginaw River about 40-50 times a year. GFC - check out the link in my signature, the most recent videos I added were in Saginaw.

Back to the OP- thanks for posting this, I'm going to give the app a try.

When Trawler Forum member Richard on the Defiant were crossing the Atlantic, I'd check his position on that website to see what kind of winds and seas he was experiencing. Don't know what Richard was feeling but it scared me sometimes. Good website.

Back
Top Bottom