My Video Underway

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FlyWright

Guru
Site Team
Vessel Name
FlyWright
Vessel Make
1977 Marshall Californian 34 LRC
I want to see what it's like to cruise on your boat for a few minutes. How about a walkaround while underway? Let's see what it's like from your helm(s) to give us an idea of what your view is like from your vessel.

Here's a simple starter to get us going. Here's a short video taken today while cruising from Rio Vista/Brannan Island State Park to my home marina in Vallejo, CA. I made it for my daughter who asked about my trip and had that flag flown over the US Capital on the day I retired.

It was the closing video of a great week on the water with friends and family including a fellow TFer, Steve Cary (Screen name scary...but he's really not too scary).

Last edited:
Quite nice, Al. Thanks. Is anyone on that boat?:D

Just me!! I was flying solo on that leg and much of the week. The admiral joined me for a few days. The salon was a mess, but it was an impromptu video at the end of an 8-day trip.

Nice video.
Are the Venetian slat blinds good, no rattles? I`ve not had them on a boat. They should give good light control and privacy.

Nice video.
Are the Venetian slat blinds good, no rattles? I`ve not had them on a boat. They should give good light control and privacy.

They work well for us, Bruce. They're up when underway or in rolly conditions. We secure the strings so they don't knock. We chose not to use the hold down brackets since we want them to be retracted when underway. Most of them are just cheap plastic anyway. Didn't want to rely on them to secure swinging blinds in rough seas.

The forward and aft doors have cordless pleated shades that I like better. It's a simple one-hand operation but they're more expensive and you cannot use ribbons of color as we wanted.

If I was to do it again, I'd push harder to go all pleated-cordless.

I've posted this before but it doesn't hurt to post it again! This was taken on a quick delivery of East Coast Yacht Sales AT 395. It was our first ride on an AT and we liked it so much we placed a deposit on one! The same boat is being delivered to Maine next week and we will jump on for the first 75 miles of the ride so I'm sure I can add a bit more video later...
Bruce

Cool idea, Al. This grainy footage is about all I have at the moment underway. We were taking a run up the upper Chesapeake with some friends and a local guy to check out the entrance to the C&D Canal. First time for my wife at the helm, which I wanted to capture in some way. Wish it was longer and showed more of the boat.

So here's more of Stella at the dock.

Last edited:
For some reason I had a nasty list to starboard during this run across the Strait of Georgia. A little too quite also.:)

My boat's gone now, but this is a quick snippet of a choppy little cruise last fall on Oneida Lake. I had her all buttoned up, ready for winter layup, and decided to take her out for one last romp. No tour or anything, I just hit the record button and left the phone in it's dash mount. Sorry about that loud windshield wiper. Thankfully, that isn't my problem anymore!

And here we are enjoying a lovely sunset adrift in the middle of the lake:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom