leak in cabinet in head

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dennis G

I have a 2005 34 Mainship Pilot. In the bottom of the cabinet in the head there is a trough which is constantly filling with salt water. About 8 inches above there is a 8"x14" plastic box with several hoses going into it. I believe the oval thru hull is on the other side which is just below the water line. Is anybody familiar with this set up and does anybody have any suggestions or had simular problems ?

Thank you

Kind of sounds like a sump for the shower. If it is there will be a pump inside it so look for wires going into the box. Could be the lid is leaking or hoses loose.

Any through hull near or below the waterline has the potential to sink the boat if it fails. The idea of a plastic box with a through hull on the other side gives me the willies. What is it? What's in there and is the through hull leaking or is it something else. If you really think there's seawater leaking from that box and there's a thruhull on the other side, you MUST get to the bottom of it right away. Maybe it's nothing, or maybe it's something that needs immediate repair.

Ken

I have a 2005 34 Mainship Pilot. In the bottom of the cabinet in the head there is a trough which is constantly filling with salt water. About 8 inches above there is a 8"x14" plastic box with several hoses going into it. I believe the oval thru hull is on the other side which is just below the water line. Is anybody familiar with this set up and does anybody have any suggestions or had simular problems ?

Salt water, really?

If the box is a shower sump, possibly combined as a sump for an AC condensate drain, and maybe sink sump too (several hoses)... the associated thru-hull would likely be above the waterline.

And none of those sources would be salt water...

Sumps get clogged (hair and soap scum and so forth), bilge pump float switches (in the sump box) get stuck... If that box is a sump and it's the source, could just need a simple cleaning. (Which may be a tad yucky if you haven't done that before.)

-Chris

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom