View Single Post
Old 07-02-2016, 12:41 PM   #35

City: ---
Vessel Name: ---
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpbrady View Post
I had read that article, but the problem on sending routes (like you said waypoints) to the EVO seems to be that both Garmin and Raymarine MFDs send NMEA2000 PGN 129285 over the network with no data in it even when no route is selected. When you tell the EVO to follow a track sent from either MFD or Coastal Explorer with both the Garmin or Raymarine MFD on, it is getting the same PGN from multiple devices and displays a "No Navigation Data" error. If you turn one of them off and reset the autopilot then the remaining MFD can send a track to the EVO. Coastal Explorer can only send a track to the EVO with both the Garmin and Raymarine MFDs off.

Garmin's response was it shouldn't matter and Raymarine didn't respond to the question. While I am not a big fan of Lowrance, at least they don't send AP PGNs with no data.

Tom
Tom again, as far as i know, you cannot use a track.. you must first convert it to a route with waypoints.. often problems arise when the waypoints have alfa/numerical names.. try to use numbered waypoints insted..

but.. "as far as i know", we (most) sailors don't use routes.. we use the AP to keep us on a course..

My mostly used AP (WindPilot) and electronic back-up..
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_2841.jpg   IMG_2897.jpg  
123 is offline   Reply With Quote