My new 34

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The only good news is that (at least in California) they have downgraded their status of protection and now allow non lethal harassment,including paint ball guns and slingshots. We have given the slingshots a try without much luck. Harder to hit than you would think. I am looking forward to the day I can buy a Sea Lion Tag. Because of them we have stopped fishing the Coronado Islands in northern Baja. They routinely eat 50 percent of our catch, and that is if you can get a live bait past them.

Down rigger mounts?

Robs, what are those two "mounts" for that I see in your pictures. They are the white brackets with something black mounted on top and wrap over your top rail. Something like that would be a good way to mount a stout rod holder for tuna fishing.

Sea lions are friendly here.

It's not unusual for them to be under seagull attack, however. Not unusual to see a score of seagulls diving on a sea lion.

Robs, what are those two "mounts" for that I see in your pictures. They are the white brackets with something black mounted on top and wrap over your top rail. Something like that would be a good way to mount a stout rod holder for tuna fishing.

I think you're probably talking about the down rigger mounts. Those were custom made when the boat was overhauled because it was going to be a charter fishing boat.

Sea lions are friendly here.

It's not unusual for them to be under seagull attack, however. Not unusual to see a score of seagulls diving on a sea lion.

At sea here it's not uncommon to see a "flock" of gulls diving "at" a
sealion. They are messy eaters, bringing a fish up and shaking it to
pieces. The gulls go into a feeding frenzy for the "fishbits".

Ted

Back
Top Bottom