View Single Post
Old 07-02-2016, 10:59 AM   #39
BandB
Guru

City: Fort Lauderdale. Florida, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurrying Nowhere View Post

And as to the comment on how a helicopter is so dangerous to use to fly to a yacht.....i would personally be a lot more worried about a car ride than the helicopter ride.....
It may not be logical at all, and perhaps lack of experience, but helicopters, especially small ones like those, scare me, and even more so landing and taking off on a very small place on a boat. I fully understand they're use and see why for some they are absolutely great to have. If I had the need then I'm sure I'd learn enough to get over the anxiety they give me today.

I'm sure it's no different than the fear non-boaters have of boating. I've only been on a helicopter twice in my life and once was in NY landing at the Manhattan Heliport and the other was landing on top of an office building. Both times I took off from small airports and that part wasn't scary at all. I think the rattle and noise just makes them feel less safe.

I've also seen one have to approach a boat multiple times before finally setting down and that didn't add to my confidence.

I once saw one used to dry a tennis court and with the small area it had to work in, I wasn't all that comfortable watching.

Reality is we're all more fearful of the unknown and that we lack experience with.
BandB is offline   Reply With Quote