Help me identify this component, please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

angus99

Guru
Vessel Name
Stella Maris
Vessel Make
Defever 44
(If anyone can rotate this photo 90 degrees the the right, it will view properly. Thanks.)

The larger red/white wires are connected to the shore power/generator rotary switch on the back of the AC panel. The two smaller brown and blue wires connect to the frequency (hertz) meter. I haven't traced the gray wire yet. It has a potentiometer on the left side. I have no idea what it's for, but I'm replacing the old analog volt and hertz meters with a single AC digital multi meter. Hoping someone will tell me I can toss this.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 81
Thanks, Craig!

Here you are the photo rotated, but sorry can't help otherwise......:thumb:

Looks like Craig is quicker.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 79
Anybody? :confused: It's the little green box that somebody has wire-tied to a bundle of AC wiring.

What does it say on the white tape? Looks like the word "no" or "not" and something else...

Looks like a couple of beefy wires have simply been cut off, with just a couple of smaller gauge wires remaining.

is that a fixed position (i.e. On/off) or a variable potentiometer?

Last edited:
What does it say on the white tape? Looks like the word "no" or "not" and something else...

Looks like a couple of beefy wires have simply been cut off, with just a couple of smaller gauge wires remaining.

is that a fixed position (i.e. On/off) or a variable potentiometer?

It's a variable potentiometer. The label you see is upside down and reads 110V; no other labels or identifiers.

Below is a better shot. The two smaller wires definitely feed the hertz meter. (The gray wire is a neutral for a control box in the salon that has a cable feeding some long-removed device on the radar arch. It, and every abandoned wire I find, is coming out.)

It's been suggested by a knowledgeable electrician whose seen the photos that the little green box is an interface to convert signals for the old analog gauges. In any event, it's out and I'm still thinking I can live without it since the analog AC meters are being replaced with a single digital multimeter.

Thanks again.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 70

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom