Do you drive a boat?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My take on this is, if standing to steer the boat is not an option, then you drive the boat.* If you can stand and steer, you are piloting the boat.* Of course, I could be wrong, but that goes for a lot of things.*

Don,
Your post begs the question, if I am stand up while steering my car does this mean I am no longer driving, but rather, that I am then piloting my car?
cowboy.gif

I intend to COMMAND!* I'll be master and commander!* Just like the rest of you.

<a>You can navagate the stern of your bost into a slip while fighting wind and current</a>
You can control direction of your bow while leaving the slip into wind and current
You can turn your craft to a new direction from the slip to head correctly*in the channel
But... when you need to take your boat into open water consider the following:* A pilot is a mariner who guides ships through dangerous or congested waters, such as harbors or river mouths. *However, the pilot is only an advisor, as the master remains in legal, overriding command of the vessel at all times.
Therefore, I master my boat!* And, thats not the only Master role I get fully into and deeply enjoy! - LOL!!

<a>You can navagate the stern of your bost into a slip while fighting wind and current</a>.
You can control direction of your bow while leaving the slip into wind and current.
You can turn your craft to a new direction from the slip to head correctly down the channel.
But, when you need to take your boat into open water consider the following:* A pilot is a mariner who guides ships through dangerous or congested waters, such as harbors or river mouths. *However, the pilot is only an advisor, as the master remains in legal, overriding command of the vessel at all times.
Therefore, I master my boat!* And, thats not the only Master role I get fully into and deeply enjoy - LOL!!

Carey wrote:

Have you ever parked your boat?

No, but I've heard of folks who have. They sidle up to the dock, shut everything down, and walk away without tying.

The trick, apparently, is to leave it in gear.

Conrad,Pod drive may work for that too.

Well does that mean that if I'm the Skipper of my boat that when I'm underway I skip my boat?

Seriously? * * * * * .......ok forget it.

Okay, I admit I am off base here. (as usual)

Article in Feb 2011 Yachting Magazine.**

Drive on folks!

JohnP

Attachments

• two.jpg
    two.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 60
You can navigate the stern of your bost into a slip while fighting wind and current
You can control direction of your bow while leaving the slip into wind and current
You can head your craft through wind and current into a new direction from the slip so as to travel correctly down the channel

But... when you need to take your boat into open water consider the following: A pilot is a mariner who guides ships through dangerous or congested waters, such as harbors or river mouths. However, the pilot is only an advisor, as the Master remains in legal, overriding command of the vessel at all times.

Therefore, I / we are Masters of our boats, as we rule the Captains Seat! And, that's not the only thoughtful Master role I fully enjoy and get deeply into! - LOL!!

PS: I love to "drive" my 1967 Buick Wildcat!

-- Edited by Art on Tuesday 8th of March 2011 03:10:12 PM

-- Edited by Art on Tuesday 8th of March 2011 04:35:35 PM

<h1>Arrrg!!!
*I be the skipper of this here boat and what I say's go's see.

I say's how the water moves under the keel.

Be it drive, run.*row skull or sail.

That be all there is to that.

AARRG.

Skipperdude.</h1>

-- Edited by skipperdude on Tuesday 8th of March 2011 04:06:48 PM

Run is the operative word. My boat keeps me running to the marine supply on a regular basis.

I drives me boat, my wife drives me dingey..........................Arctic Traveller

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom