What's your next, immediate voyage?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That is one cool looking boat John. I wonder if they'll ever bring her over here to compete in the offshore series..? That boat I would go to see. :popcorn:

It is a cool boat for sure....this is lil mama posing next to it!!!

Attachments

• phantomwendy.jpg
    phantomwendy.jpg
    184.4 KB · Views: 168
We are headed to Devil's Isle in the California Delta for the weekend. We are one of the organizers for the weekend festivities. There will be 18 boats and just over 40 people there enjoying meals, games and camaraderie!

Yeah, there are definitely some skinny channels around here. Cleveland is one of the skinnier ones, and as you can see, not a straight shot in the whole damn river. Fun Fact: Cuyahoga is thought to be derived from the Mohawk Indian word for 'crooked.'

As far as thrusters go, just about all Great Lakes vessels have at least a bow thruster. Some of the nicer ones have stern thrusters as well. It's not as prevalent in the ocean going ships that come here. They still use tugs a lot more than we do. Not a dumb question at all!

Interesting on the thruster. Was wondering how you were making some of those turns.

Planning a trip next week after the 4th to Ocracoke!! :D I am on serious weather watch! If the Pamilico Sound gets too nasty, we'll make way for Morehead City and Beaufort. :socool:

Normally we'd stay home on the 4th, but that weekend is our one chance to cruise with friends before we return to the Great Lakes. So, where to go? We figured quickly Miami, Key West and all other points near were out. So, the Bahamas. Will probably be a madhouse too with all the people having the same idea. It does look like we'll have great sea conditions.

Will be phoning on Friday evening to, hopefully, get the final date for
haul-out in Sointula, Malcolm Island. This will entail a 75 nm trip.

Ted

Making a trip to Hannibal, Mo tomorrow on a friends boat, it's 27 miles and 1 lock. They haven't been thru a lock before and invited me along for moral support. Hannibal is a nice day trip from our marina, a short walk from the harbor into town for lunch and then return to Louisiana, Mo.

Normally we'd stay home on the 4th, but that weekend is our one chance to cruise with friends before we return to the Great Lakes. So, where to go? We figured quickly Miami, Key West and all other points near were out. So, the Bahamas. Will probably be a madhouse too with all the people having the same idea. It does look like we'll have great sea conditions.

That sounds fun. Need a cabin boy? Stowaway? ?

?

Well I guess I'm headed to the beautiful Redneck Rivera!

��

Well I guess I'm headed to the beautiful Redneck Rivera!

Well, it ain't so bad

Actually, some of the best seafood in the country is there
Edit: Just noticed I'm wearing an Orange Beach Marina T shirt as I wrote this.

Last edited:
Ha! Moon I'm going to Port Alto, TX. Look it up. ?

It's off to Orange Beach for me this weekend, by car d@mn!

My mistake. I didn't pick up on your going to the redneck rivera; not the redneck riviera.

Yes. Our section of the RR has more of a Mexican influence so we spell it like that. ?

Spelling aside, we refer to our section of the Texas coast as the RR, but when googling it I see that the official section seems to be from Pensacola to Panama City FL? I've also heard folks call the Alabama Gulf Coast the RR.

I guess it's just a state of mind...

Tonight we're anchored by St James city off of Pine Island.

The intercoastal was crowded today on the way down, but now that the sun has gone down, there's no one around. My eight year old boy and 12 year old boy are with me as the wife is on shift at work (nurse).

We're sitting on the front deck taking advantage of the breeze. The boys are catching some fish using hot dogs, and I'm watching a storm wondering if it's going to pass us by

ForumRunner_20160703_210713.jpg

Tomorrow we'll head back towards Ft Myers Yacht Basin. Cape Coral has fireworks being shot off the bridge tomorrow night so I think we'll anchor out again and dinghy to the festival to meet the wife and two more kids. We'll all watch the fireworks together on our boat . Leaving these on the water celebrations afterwards are too zoo like for me, so well stay put, and head back to the harbor early in the morning.

Cheers

Conall

Heading back to Tarpon Springs Saturday from St. Petersburg City Marina via the Sunshine Skyway Bridge.
13125-albums527-picture3101.jpg

Heading back to Tarpon Springs Saturday from St. Petersburg City Marina via the Sunshine Skyway Bridge.
]

Wifey B: Home from Bahamas. The weekend was much too short. It was all play though. Water park. Magician. Comedy Club. and today anchored and playing off an island and beach. We were all kids. :)

We are in the Erie Canal for te next weeks blocked from Niagara Falls heading to Spencerport

A couple of club outings in the SF Bay Delta then off on the big one--helping a friend get his 44' trawler from SF Bay to Whidby Island, WA. Four on the delivery crew, planning a leisurely 13 day trip (many stopovers.) I plan to do some writing along the way and will see about some kind of log to post on TF.

PS Enjoyed meeting T's FlyWright at the Mandeville Tip fireworks extravaganza.

It was great to meet you, too, Ted! Wish I got a pic of you and your friend's woodies cruising by. After a couple nights at Mandeville and a great fireworks show, we headed back to the secret cove with Cary'd Away for 2 nights and aa night in Threemile Slough near Brannan Island State Park. What a great week! Unfortunately, this is the last pic of my pink FlyWright hat. On the last night, a wind gust sent it to Davey Jones' locker. We had a moment of silence onboard followed by a brief period of cussing. :facepalm::banghead:

img_458815_0_9a1273e6434f00ec67b00fc80b9951be.jpg

Thanks for the great hat, dwhatty!

Spent last night at Drumlummond Bay at the entrance to Foch Lagoon (Douglas Channel, north coast BC, Canada) in order to reconnoiter the rapids which guard its entrance.

Plan on heading into Foch this weekend, at slack (!!!!!) low tide, which is about 1.5 hours after low tide in Kitimat. Also plan on leaving at high water slack...this way we can be absolutely sure it's slack without going for a wild ride, of which there are many scrotum shriveling local legends :eek:

There's a large flat boulder beside the middle of the rapids, and it made me pause to wonder how many people have stood there in the last 10,000 years or so, to watch in amazement just like I did.

Attachments

• Looking into Foch, 2016.jpg
    Looking into Foch, 2016.jpg
    199.2 KB · Views: 142
  • Foch Lagoon rapids, 2016.jpg
    Foch Lagoon rapids, 2016.jpg
    160.6 KB · Views: 81
We're currently on ours. In the Exumas, heading back this week. Then some little trips to Bimini and West Palm Beach. Then Early August we'll be heading back down here to the Exumas for a week or two.

How's the weather there?
We were over last winter and nothing but wind.
Have considered summer but afraid of hurricanes.
Input appreciated.

We are enjoying the Erie Canal. This is one of the best trip we cruised in 7 seasons!

We are enjoying the Erie Canal. This is one of the best trip we cruised in 7 seasons!

I'm glad you two crazy kids are having fun. I've enjoyed following along on facebook. Thanks for having me along!

Tomorrow I'm heading north to the Adirondacks to do a bit of light camping with the family. I've got four, count 'em four, kayaks on the roof of my VW GTI right now, which I'm frankly a little too proud of.

Having a great time, on the Erie canal

Hello Dave! Always nice to hear from you! Enjoy the weather with family and be proud!!! Kindest regards! Lise and Normand

Back
Top Bottom