Sales Contract & Earnest Money

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Doc

Guru
Can anyone direct me to a link for a "sold by owner" yacht sales agreement? Or perhaps you have one*you can send.

In a "sold by owner" situation, how would you recommend that the earnest money be handled without a broker to hold it in their escrow account?

Doc,* This sounds like a good thing is about to happen?

Fingers crossed and Best of Luck.***** JohnP

Just write up a contract and you hold the deposit check.

I would not cash it till after the survey.

-- Edited by JohnP on Monday 7th of March 2011 02:37:29 PM

Send me a PM with your email I have the one we used. It is from the yacht brokers association. It is the one we used when we purchased it drom the owner

* Get a good attorney to handle the funds and documentation.

Boat/US has a complete service that you can pick and choose what you want. They will hold escrow, do the documentation transfer, have a contract and bill of sale... etc. I used them when I purchased my current boat and it was fast and efficient. Both parties were happy.

Doc wrote:

Can anyone direct me to a link for a "sold by owner" yacht sales agreement? Or perhaps you have one*you can send.

In a "sold by owner" situation, how would you recommend that the earnest money be handled without a broker to hold it in their escrow account?
We sold our last boat and purchased Hobo without a broker.* We used an*attorney once and a marine title company for the other*closing.* They supplied the contracts, collected & held the money and did*the final distributions.* In both cases it was very professional and the total fees were*$500.00 which also included the vessel documentation.

Larry/Lena
Hobo KK42
Bahia de Sol, El Salvador*

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom