New Guy (please be gentle)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ka_sea_ta

Guru
My Wife and I are snowbirds and for 4 or 5 months out the year we live on and cruise our 48 Defever. Our Cruising area is Puget Sound to Cape Spencer. Typically when heading north we tow an 18ft fishing boat in order to take advantage of the bounties of the sea..

Prior to becoming a member I perused a lot of pertinent threads when searching for information related to trawlers and live aboards on this site. Hopefully I can introduce in person to some of the forum members when we are up north

Welcome to the forum!

Ted

ka sea ta, I checked with McDonalds. They said a new guy driving a DeFever 48 pulling an 18' fishing boat did not deserve a break today. You have already had 2.:D Just funning. Welcome to TF.

December 23, 1952, two Coast Guardsman, stationed at the light house , returned to Cape Spencer with their prize- a Christmas tree. While one man went to operate the boat lift, the other began to have trouble with the boat's motor. Finally, with a dead engine, this young man was carried out to sea by the strong currents racing past the cape. He was seen resignedly sitting in the boat with arms akimbo.

As an area alert was sounded , fishermen left a dance at Pelican, to their boats and out to seas to search for the disabled boat. The boat was later found near Yakutat- empty. (By Hilson).

December 23, 1952, two Coast Guardsman, stationed at the light house , returned to Cape Spencer with their prize- a Christmas tree. While one man went to operate the boat lift, the other began to have trouble with the boat's motor. Finally, with a dead engine, this young man was carried out to sea by the strong currents racing past the cape. He was seen resignedly sitting in the boat with arms akimbo.

As an area alert was sounded , fishermen left a dance at Pelican, to their boats and out to seas to search for the disabled boat. The boat was later found near Yakutat- empty. (By Hilson).

That's the reason I always turn to port, I would like to see Lituya Bay though...

Welcome aboard! Enjoy your little house on the water.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom