What type/brand of lifejackets should we buy?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm a fan of the fanny pack style.

To me, they are the least obtrusive while on deck and as such you are more likely to wear one.

Attachments

• CIMG3037.jpg
    CIMG3037.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 80
Excellent comment and endorsement. Not only for practicality but spoken into the right camera would fetch you about 5 grand in use fees.:D

Wanna be my agent and squeeze an extra 5 grand for yourself?

Wanna be my agent and squeeze an extra 5 grand for yourself?
No, because I need to be licensed and there is far too much PST, GST, BS paperwork.
But if we go in together and you toss me overboard, we are now into stunt territory and can write our own cheques.:socool:

Dave
Thats exactly what the label states...
RECREATIONAL INFLATABLE TYPE IV WITH TYPE III PERFORMANCE APPROVED ONLY WHEN WORN

That is for my West Marine Offshore model with manual inflation and harness D rings
My Admirals is the same WM w harness except hers is auto inflate
I called Mustang and inquired if there wete any models that are approved or count if not worn and their answer was NO
I also searched online and all I found stated the same requirement

Thanks Don. I was at the boat yesterday and checked. We have two coastal and two offshore vests on the boat. We use the coastal more often as little need for the tether harness now that we aren't sailing.

I'm a fan of the fanny pack style.

To me, they are the least obtrusive while on deck and as such you are more likely to wear one.

I have liked the idea of those. My thought is that it would provide some boyancy of course, but I don't think they would do much for you in cold water.

I could be wrong...

Back
Top Bottom