Hendo's Randall 35 Cray Boat complete rebuild, Perth, Western Australia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That's ok everyone. I'm not offended by Ricks comments. He is just pulling the piss. Rick and I are friends on here and Facebook.

Thanks for standing up for me tho. Appreciate y'all having my back :)

Sent from my iPhone using Trawler Forum

When a star attraction on a team seems to be getting accosted.... the troops gather round! :thumb: :D

I'm sorry. I was just pokin' fun at Matt! :eek:

Don't hate me 'cause I'm cute!

img_453630_0_3ab402c52739a26fe46a8757b3b7633f.jpg

Sanded the fairing guide strips then applied the first layer of thickened glue/fillet epoxy. Then I moved up and finished the sanding and fairing around the starboard windscreen. Then I layers a strip of 450gsm glass tape on the roof. I had some left over epoxy resin so I barrier coated the filler with it and it looked great then I cut out the Port portholes and the windlass in the bowsprit then an access hatch that will house the anchor snub rope and windlass remote.
ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1466673014.905978.jpg
ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1466673024.703964.jpg
ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1466673037.971631.jpg
ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1466673048.058004.jpg
ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1466673059.077129.jpg
ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1466673069.526261.jpg
ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1466673079.961112.jpg
ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1466673092.528989.jpg
ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1466673105.447671.jpg
ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1466673120.901607.jpg
ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1466673135.803116.jpg

Man that looks good, I bet your tired of seeing everything in blue.

su·per·ca·li·fra·gil·is·tic·ex·pi·a·li·do·cious
ˌso͞opərˌkaləˌfrajəˌlistikˌekspēˌaləˈdōSHəs/

adjective
informal
1. extraordinarily good; wonderful.

Matt – Supercalifrafilisticexpidalidocious is the only word that accurately depicts both you and SOLSTICE!!

:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Last edited:
Are the fairing strips removed after they show a smooth curve to follow? Sorry if i'm dense I just don't understand how they are being used. I understand the use to create a smooth line just not you did.

su·per·ca·li·fra·gil·is·tic·ex·pi·a·li·do·cious
ˌso͞opərˌkaləˌfrajəˌlistikˌekspēˌaləˈdōSHəs/

adjective
informal
1. extraordinarily good; wonderful.

Matt – Supercalifrafilisticexpidalidocious is the only word that accurately depicts both you and SOLSTICE!!

:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Haha thanks mate. You're not so bad yourself

Are the fairing strips removed after they show a smooth curve to follow? Sorry if i'm dense I just don't understand how they are being used. I understand the use to create a smooth line just not you did.

The fairing strips are 6mm plywood strips that I cut 20mm wide and 600mm long and wrapped them in cellophane tape. I applied thickened epoxy to one side of it then screwed it through the centre into the hull just until the plywood touched the high spot of the strip planking underneath. This ensured an even curvature. Once dried I unscrewed the plywood strip and what was left was the thickened epoxy in a curved shape filling in low spots. I did that every 200-300mm. Today I gave them a light sand and applied thickened epoxy In between those curved thickened strips and used them as guides for my trowel to ensure the curve was even across the area.

Hope that makes sense?

:blush: Home buildng technics in yacht building...

Attachments

• Stucen.jpg
    Stucen.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 41
Love your bowsprit! For S&G you could take miniature jet plane models and film takeoffs... like an Aircraft Carrier! :thumb:

Keep slugging slugger... your forward motion toward SOLSTICE splash is enviable. :D

Love your bowsprit! For S&G you could take miniature jet plane models and film takeoffs... like an Aircraft Carrier! :thumb:

Keep slugging slugger... your forward motion toward SOLSTICE splash is enviable. :D

Haha now that's a great idea mate lol.

Thanks for your support mate

Was pouring down with rain today but all good cause I've got some swanky tarps. Did some sanding and filleting. Tried on the new bow roller thanks to Rex and Joy Francis at Anchorright kindly giving it to me a little while ago.

ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1467104993.740242.jpg
ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1467105012.857830.jpg
ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1467105024.325092.jpg
ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1467105036.528074.jpg
ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1467105050.262323.jpg
ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1467105062.464978.jpg
ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1467105078.548612.jpg
ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1467105096.254317.jpg
ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1467105113.755323.jpg
ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1467105127.673073.jpg
ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1467105143.442680.jpg

Hey, Matt, that Sarca anchor roller looks great. For heaven's sake make sure it is well fixed on before she splashes. When I bought my roller, I couldn't resist having a wee try on while down at the berth, and...you guessed it...it slipped and fell...initially down onto the dock, because I had hauled the boat well forward, but I neglected to tie it to something...it bounced twice, and hit the drink..! The water under my boat in the berth is 7m deep..!
Thank God a slip neighbour at the time, called Marty, was a live aboard at the time, and had diving gear. It cost me 2 cartons of beer though to get the roller back. Not good for the heart either.

Reactions: Art
Hey, Matt, that Sarca anchor roller looks great. For heaven's sake make sure it is well fixed on before she splashes. When I bought my roller, I couldn't resist having a wee try on while down at the berth, and...you guessed it...it slipped and fell...initially down onto the dock, because I had hauled the boat well forward, but I neglected to tie it to something...it bounced twice, and hit the drink..! The water under my boat in the berth is 7m deep..!
Thank God a slip neighbour at the time, called Marty, was a live aboard at the time, and had diving gear. It cost me 2 cartons of beer though to get the roller back. Not good for the heart either.

Pete... please see comment on TY I sent you - regarding your above post and new thread I plan to start. :thumb:

Matt - That looks great on your boat's nose! :D

WTF is the chain doing like that in last photo? Testing your pulpit's strength; or just getting it ready for beer filled days of re-anchoring into a close-by but new fish hole?? - LOL

Last edited:
Pete... please see comment on TY I sent you - regarding your above post and new thread I plan to start. :thumb:

Matt - That looks great on your boat's nose! :D

WTF is the chain doing like that in last photo? Testing your pulpit's strength; or just getting it ready for beer filled days of re-anchoring into a close-by but new fish hole?? - LOL

Chain is just the loop from the block and tackle above holding the tarp to the tree mate.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom