View Single Post
Old 06-22-2016, 02:43 PM   #522
CPseudonym
Guru

City: Hotel, CA
That's funny

I knew in my bones when I sold my Owens that I'd regret it. Zip zilch nadda, had zero time to use the damn thing and no light at the end of the tunnel either. Now suddenly I've got nothing but time on my hands along with no possibility of it being filled with anything I do not wish.

I know Matt lives about 30 minutes from his boat and you're in the backyard. I work 30 minutes from a DIY boatyard and also have more than enough room to park a boat in my backyard. I've given serious consideration to buying either a Prairie 29 or a Sundowner 30 to strip down to the bare hull, deck and house for a rehab.

Problem is where to put it to do a complete keel up refit? If away from home the yin & yang of motivation is finish it so as to stop paying the rent vs screw it, I ain't making the drive today. If at home it's always there to plug away at vs screw it, I glued my shorts to my ass time for a beer. Yard, I left the sandpaper at home. Backyard, the neighbors want to have a bbq.

Either way I admire the motivation both of you demonstrate.

It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they've been fooled - Mark Twain
CPseudonym is offline   Reply With Quote