Work in progress. 65' lugger reworked after a fire

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
WOW, Paul. You're putting the pretty on her now.:thumb:

Sitting in my new boat (to me) in Dania Beach Florida. Haven't been on this forum in a while but came across the Cajun Rose project tonight. Really interesting boat. I'm from Madisonville, La and will be bringing the boat home in a couple of weeks. I'm docking her in a covered boat house and will be taking the solar panel and batteries off her. Looks like Cajon Rose might have enough cabin area if you're interested. I can call you when coming by your coastline if you want to take a look at the system. Love your boat and hope to see you at the Madisonville wood boat show later this year. Mel

Attachments

• Sissie 42.jpg
    Sissie 42.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 114
  • Sissie 1.jpg
    Sissie 1.jpg
    132.6 KB · Views: 119
  • Sissie 2.jpg
    Sissie 2.jpg
    137.3 KB · Views: 160
  • Sissie 8.jpg
    Sissie 8.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 156
  • Sissie 41.jpg
    Sissie 41.jpg
    137.3 KB · Views: 115
Mel, man I love the color of your boat. We are painting the Rose and the primer is an off white. I'm almost thinking about painting the whole thing in off white. Can you tell me more about your system? What does it power, how long can it run a fridge. I know nothing about solar. I would love to check it out and talk to you about it.

Paul, I don't know much about solar either, I bought the boat with them and still learning the systems. I would think it will power a standard household refrigerator continuous with enough battery capacity. I'll probably get critiqued about that statement and your topic will take off in another direction. Here are the components of what's on the boat.

- 4 Kyocera 120watt panels (480 watts)
- C-35 Solar Controller
- 6 Trojan Golf Cart batteries
- 3 Blue Seas Battery containers
- Heart Echo Charge
- Link 10 Monitor System
- Fuses, Switches, and wiring it together.

Maybe in a few weeks when I get boat back to Louisiana, I'll know more about how it does on battery charging, etc.

Mel

Well the primer is done! It was done a few weeks ago but I was letting the dust settle.
ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1466593723.794734.jpgImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1466593741.292556.jpgImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1466593753.594845.jpg

Paul I've known the boats dimensions for a long time but it wasn't until that set of pics with all the windows installed that the massive scale of your project hit home. Dayum that's a lotta boat. Looking great!

What a Boat!!! Looking Great!!

Please remind me - What is its beam? Last photo shows a really wide baby!

Sitting in my new boat (to me) in Dania Beach Florida. Haven't been on this forum in a while but came across the Cajun Rose project tonight. Really interesting boat. I'm from Madisonville, La and will be bringing the boat home in a couple of weeks. I'm docking her in a covered boat house and will be taking the solar panel and batteries off her. Looks like Cajon Rose might have enough cabin area if you're interested. I can call you when coming by your coastline if you want to take a look at the system. Love your boat and hope to see you at the Madisonville wood boat show later this year. Mel

Are you in the condo's on 22? the first ones on the left after crossing the bridge from Madisonville? I think I've noticed your boat from the hwy.

Man that is a bunch of windows....

Kudos, lookin good.

What a Boat!!! Looking Great!!

Please remind me - What is its beam? Last photo shows a really wide baby!
It's suppose to be 22', I haven't varified it yet. It was funny, it took about 1 hour to figure out which window went where. They are all a little different shape. My pilot house door fell off, I don't have hinges yet. Took about a 30 minute ride down the river to find it. I found 4 other doors in my quest. Nothing good.

Greetings,
Mr. s. Looking pretty sweet but let me get this straight. You lost your pilothouse door over the side, went back to look for it, found it AND 4 other doors as well? Is there some sort of door exorcism going on along the river in June?

no-thanks.gif

It's suppose to be 22', I haven't varified it yet. It was funny, it took about 1 hour to figure out which window went where. They are all a little different shape. My pilot house door fell off, I don't have hinges yet. Took about a 30 minute ride down the river to find it. I found 4 other doors in my quest. Nothing good.

Me no understandeee??? Have floating pilot house doors become a usual item? :confused:

22' beam - WOW!

Here is a picture of my door
ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1466647771.104022.jpg
The other doors were as follows
1. Screen door
2. An old style front door
3. A doggie door that was torn off of the door
4. And a lid for a cooler

I`ve seen smaller ferries. That will be one spacious cruising boat, a great reclamation of a boat that could have been lost for all time. The fit out is a big job too, but what great rewards!

Oh yeah Paul, She is looking good .

Paul: After dropping in occasionally on this thread, this is just a word to say how much I admire Cajun Rose and the work that you are putting into her. She deserves it! You'll wind up with a boat that can safely and comfortably take you many places. Look forward to learning more.

Paul: After dropping in occasionally on this thread, this is just a word to say how much I admire Cajun Rose and the work that you are putting into her. She deserves it! You'll wind up with a boat that can safely and comfortably take you many places. Look forward to learning more.

Thank you, for the kind words. Can't wait to take my first real overnighter on her with the family.

Are you in the condo's on 22? the first ones on the left after crossing the bridge from Madisonville? I think I've noticed your boat from the hwy.

Hi Star0210,

No, I'm at Bert's Boat Works in one of his covered slips. A 44 year old boat needs a 50 year old marina. You must have seen me passing the bridge about a week ago. Just arrived in Madisonville with her after covering 900 miles in 9 days from Florida.

Paul, I'll PM you if you want to see the solar system before I remove it. Does work really well charging the batteries (but not under the boathouse).

Mel

After being on this site for about 12 months I have just found this thread.
What a huge project. My hat is off to you Swampu. My Bad Monkey project doesn't come anywhere near the size of yours. I will continue to follow. Great job. Your family must be very proud of you.
Look forward to your next post. She is looking great. Kudos to you for saving her.
Stan

What a huge project. My hat is off to you Swampu. My Bad Monkey project doesn't come anywhere near the size of yours. I will continue to follow. Great job. Your family must be very proud of you.
Look forward to your next post. She is looking great. Kudos to you for saving her.
Stan
Thank you Stan,
I think half of my family thinks I'm crazy but I know when I'm done all the family will want to go for trip. Luckily the wife has been onboard since day one. Without her I would have probably quit a long time ago.

You are a lucky man, as am I, to have a wife who doesn't step on our dreams.

Luck to have women who want us to achieve is one of the best items one could ever find for a mate. God I love my woman!

Catching up.Great work on the ole lugger.She's looking fine,mighty fine.

Stan

Do you have a link to your project?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom