Wiper arms and Blades

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vessel Make
Ocean Alexander 38'
would like to replace the wiper arms on my 38 OA. The center arm crumbled from rust over the weekend. Anyone have a good source for these?

Make sure you know the dimension on the motor drive shaft. There are a number of different sizes out there.

I don't want to steal the thread here, but I wanted to ask, how do I remove the old wiper arms? I have an OA 43 that I got replacement blades for from West Marine but I can't get the old ones off by prying. It was suggested by a friend to split them with a cutting wheel, but that seems like it could do more damage than good...

Tap them out with a small hammer.

Works on my oa 456.

Gordon

They make special tools for pulling wiper arms off the shaft. Some auto parts stores will carry them, Amazon sells them. Just make sure the tool you get has enough reach to fit your arms. Sometimes the wiper shaft will stick out well beyond the wiper arm.

I found exact replacements for our boat on line at Transportation Accessories Company. They are a school bus supplier .

Greetings,
Welcome aboard. Don't know about OA wiper arms but ours fit over a splined shaft about 5/8" in diameter that has 2 set screws securing it to the actual wiper shaft (about 3/16" diameter). The actual wiper arm has a small spring clip that you sort of gently pry out of the way to slide it off the above mentioned splined piece. Be gentle. Maybe soak the end with a good rust penetrant for a day or so.

I'll second IMTRA for wipers. We have a single, older wiper that works fine, but it's really loud and obnoxious. After testing out some IMTRA wipers at the boat show I'm about ready to get one just for the quiet...

Back
Top Bottom