35' Overseas PT Trawler ???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PhatDad

Veteran Member
Hello Guys. New to the forum with first post. I have been playing in the ocean for over 30 years, owned many boats. Mostly gas power sport cruisers and a sail boat. The wife and I are looking at a trawler boat to own next. Here is a link to a boat we looked at today.

Any of you guys familiar with this builder? I though the PT stood for pacific trawler but I believe Im wrong. Thanks for your time.

http://www.boats.com/boat-details/Oversea-Pt-Trawler/121780021

Make. 35' Oversea PT Trawler ???

Scholl down the forum till you get to Taiwanese makes, should find lots of info. Welcome aboard and happy hunting.

-- Edited by rochepoint on Sunday 30th of October 2011 09:33:01 PM

RE: Make. 35' Oversea PT Trawler ???

Price wise, it looks like a good deal. Did the Survey suggest a higher price? Perkins are great engines, not much for hours. Looks in great shape too. *Not familiar with the Oversea or how it handles in the water... sorry

Elwin

Looks like Pineapple Girl's boat.

Wow... That looks like it should get a second look. Lo-Rez videos and small interweb pictures never show the real story, but this looks good and for a good price. I see lots of similarities with our '86 Taiwanese boat. Good luck.

Thanks for the welcome and replies gentleman.

GonzoF1 wrote:
Wow... That looks like it should get a second look. Lo-Rez videos and small interweb pictures never show the real story, but this looks good and for a good price. I see lots of similarities with our '86 Taiwanese boat. Good luck.
*No survey has been taken yet. I went threw every inch of the boat. It needs some updated electronics, interior(minor) and all the windows need replacing our new seals. They all leak.

Nice layout for a 35' boat. Thanks for all the help. Im sure I will be asking more questions on these boats.

Do you guys think this boat at a displacement of 20k is under powered with twin 135hp perks? There was another oversea 89 same model with twin 225hp cumins.

I have a single 130 Perkins with 19K#... Sure, I would like to go a little faster, but two engines would be too much of an issue for me. I am a little underpowered... You won't be.

PhatDad,

That is what I run ( twin 135's ) & wih 18k there is plenty of torque and enough speed. Not sure of the plow-effect on a PT but from the pictures I would say no issues there so it should be adequate. Cheaper to operate than twin 225's anyway. I get 5G/hr at 11-12knts.

Elwin

Hi PhatDad. Looking at the photos of the boat is like looking at our boat which in Australia is known as a Polarus 35. There were only a few imported into Aus. and it is indeed like Pineapple Girls boat. Mine has the twin 135s which does give us a WOT of 20knots but at what cost in fuel!!! We cruise at around 10knots which seems to be the "sweet spot" for our boat with an economy that is acceptable to us. We find the boat very comfortable for the two of us although we have had the odd party of 12 including grand kids on board and she has coped with that. We chose the boat for us as she met certain criteria for us and without wanting to create debate on the forum the galley down and walk around berth in the aft cabin pleased my wife and the ease of getting around the boat with wide decks and good height rails meant safety for the grandies. I also like the twin motors. Being of the vintage the are they are not too sophisticated and simple is good for this mechanical dummy.
The price seems reasonable to me so well worth a look.
John. Rebel

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom