Dome light lens

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

awpptdt

Vessel Name
Donnchaidh
Vessel Make
Marine Trader 40' sedan
** Does anyone have a source for the lens used on the dome lights in Marine Traders?
The lens has an outside diameter of 4 & 3/4 inches. I found a Sea-Dog brand that is
4 & 1/2 inches but nothing at 4 & 3/4".

Did you measure both yourself? If not, you and the other source may be measuring differently. It could happen!!! *
smile.gif

* Yes*I did. They are made of glass and I was wondering if I cast some out of clear epoxy would they hold up to the heat so the bulb. What do you think?

awpptdt wrote:

Yes*I did. They are made of glass and I was wondering if I cast some out of clear epoxy would they hold up to the heat so the bulb. What do you think?
I wouldn't think so, at least not without yellowing.* It might be cheaper in the end to replace the fixture.* While not cheap, Alpenglow makes flat out the most efficient and best 12v lights out there.* They are located in one of the great marine cities of the world - Eureka, Montana.* www.alpenglowlights.com.

** Thanks for the link, they do look good. I was trying to fix the two broken ones without having to buy all new ones, so they would all be the same.

awpptdt wrote:

** Thanks for the link, they do look good. I was trying to fix the two broken ones without having to buy all new ones, so they would all be the same.
********* Hi,* If only one is broken sometimes you can switch one out where it only shows singularly.* Like one in the head or some corridor or such.

****************Then you can just get 1 new fixture and use it there.

JohnP

** Thank you, that is why I love this forum. Not being the brightest light bulb on the tree I can use all the help that I can get. I can switch out the one in the head and the berth, problem solved. Thans to all.

Delfin wrote:awpptdt wrote:

Yes*I did. They are made of glass and I was wondering if I cast some out of clear epoxy would they hold up to the heat so the bulb. What do you think?
I wouldn't think so, at least not without yellowing.* It might be cheaper in the end to replace the fixture.* While not cheap, Alpenglow makes flat out the most efficient and best 12v lights out there.* They are located in one of the great marine cities of the world - Eureka, Montana.* www.alpenglowlights.com.

*I have doubts about epoxy, are they flat or do the have shape? *You might be able to cut a new one from acrylic or lexan. *Both come in clear as well as white or textured. *Both are relatively easy to work with. * *A photo of the broken one would be helpful, in advising how to make a replacement.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom