Interesting boats

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Think it possible the broker screwed the ad up? That's one efficient boat if it can get from Europe to the canaries on 260 gallons.

not interesting boat but question could you tell me what this boat was original made ?

I can imagine some change from original on infrastructure :angel:

146586463946115.jpg

Think it possible the broker screwed the ad up? That's one efficient boat if it can get from Europe to the canaries on 260 gallons.

Looking at the listing, the boat has what looks to be a pretty generous sail plan. Every Colvic Watson I have every encountered was a motorsailer, in which case, that cruising range is easily within the realm of possibility.

Size-wise and design-wise, it loosely resembles a Fisher 37 which weighs 14T, has 80-100HP and carries 100G of fuel. They have larger sailing rigs, but also motor-sail frequently in lighter conditions. These designs routinely cross oceans.

Larry,
Put a sail on your Willard and go to Tahiti.

not interesting boat but question could you tell me what this boat was original made ?

I can imagine some change from original on infrastructure :angel:

146586463946115.jpg

looks a lot like it has Romsdahl lines hidden under all that crap
HOLLYWOOD

101-there is a boat here at Shilshole in Seattle that looks a lot like that one, just as ugly. I will look later in the week and see if I can find out what it is.

Whatever it is, it is one ugly damned boat!

yeah!

The only thing I'm particularly curious about is the decoration on this outside hatch - what am I looking at?

5835438_20160611115912501_1_XLARGE.jpg

It is the design of a Nordic compass from the olden days. This one is just a decoration maybe to indicate the vessel was built in Norway.

Interesting vessel. Looks best suited for a colder climate with no outside seating except possibly on the cabin trunks. The only thing I'm particularly curious about is the decoration on this outside hatch - what am I looking at?

Nemo's smoking den??

Greetings,
Mr. r. WAG...Given the yacht was commissioned by a Norwegian, I would say...Viking good luck symbols. Nord Heks could translate to Northern Witch.

Last edited:
It is the design of a Nordic compass from the olden days. This one is just a decoration maybe to indicate the vessel was built in Norway.

Very cool! I actually owned a Norwegian boat in the past and I'm Swedish - need to do some research on this.

Keith

Interesting vessel. Looks best suited for a colder climate with no outside seating except possibly on the cabin trunks. The only thing I'm particularly curious about is the decoration on this outside hatch - what am I looking at?

Clearly a gentlemen's boat, because I don't see that thing sailing to weather.

Soooo many of them have the 53 and 71 series DD engine.

I went all the way to Portland to look at a boat ....

... but decided a 3 engine woody would be more maintenance than I could handle.

Attachments

• IMG_20160611_085317631_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20160611_085317631_HDR.jpg
    128.4 KB · Views: 218
  • IMG_20160611_085632209.jpg
    IMG_20160611_085632209.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 212
101-there is a boat here at Shilshole in Seattle that looks a lot like that one, just as ugly. I will look later in the week and see if I can find out what it is.

Whatever it is, it is one ugly damned boat!

I'm really curious what is made for originally :confused:

I could be tricked... A young man's engine spaces and crappy accommodation but the rest is going to spoil my sleep for a few days...

Re Gikumi,
Decks .. "Fir planking on fiberglassed plywood".
Interesting.
Wonder how the planks are attached to the plywood?

Keith,
Looks much like a GB but I'm not familiar w the relationship.
I always thought the boat Spray was the "precurser" to the GB line.

The American Marine shipyard at Junk Bay, Hong Kong, built designs by Garden, Sparkman & Stephens, LF Herreshoff, and others besides the Angelman & Davies Chantyman and the Smith designed Grand Banks.

Bows to pilot house looks like a 46 Alaskan. You can see the early Alaskan design taking form. First Alaskan was 1966/1967. Almost bout a 1968/ 46.
Nice boat - wrong coast
BB

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom