View Single Post
Old 06-15-2016, 05:26 PM   #3
HeadMistress
Guru

City: AR
(I'm guessing as I've yet to look at the parts book) a check valve in the toilet that is letting effluent leak back into the bowl over a few days of sitting idle.

Yes there is...it's called a joker valve. It's in the discharge fitting that connects the hose to the toilet. They don't last forever, and because water (and waste) run downhill, as the joker valve becomes worn it begin to allow whatever is left sitting in a discharge line that runs uphill-which yours does--to seep into the bowl. It's time to replace it, 'cuz as it becomes more worn, seeping will gradually increase to flowing. However, because ONLY what's left in the uphill run from your toilet will run downhill, it's not likely to be enough to overflow the bowl.

I could give you the part number and tell you where it is in the drawing your manual if I knew which Raritan toilet you actually have. But "Smart flush" isn't a toilet model, it's one of the optional flush button/panels that Raritan offers for use with several of their fresh water flush macerating toilets.

However, every toilet has a joker valve...you have the owners manual that does include a parts list and exploded drawing...I've told you what part of the toilet it's in...so I think you can find it and order one.
HeadMistress is offline   Reply With Quote