Replace Toilet on 390

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We have not replaced a vacuflush but we have lived with a "quiet flush" for 11 years now...
Although the person who named the thing must be deaf, it is still simply the best marine we have ever had! I replace seals and joker valve every year or two and that is it. It has always worked.
Awesome head!
Bruce

Have had both the Jabsco Quiet-Flush and the Raritan Marine Elegance on the same boat and much prefer the Raritan. Quieter, seems to flush better, the Admiral likes it better.

I second the motion in favor of the Raritan Marine Elegance Marne Elegance Promo Sheet Practical Sailor rated the best macerating electric toilet a couple of years ago. It also has the advantage of being made by one of the only two companies who still makes their products in the U.S. (Groco is the other one, but the only toilets they make are manual toilets). Jabsco now makes everything in Mexico with parts and components sourced from China and other comparable suppliers.

I recently installed a Raritan Elegance to replace the traveler. The smart control option allows for water saving,regular flush,empty only or water only. This unit closely resembles house hold toilets with a powerful QUIET flush. Great USA made product.

I've never used a Raritan Marine Elegance, but I've sold a bunch of them. I've never heard anything but praise for them. If I were replacing a marine toilet today, I'd choose the Raritan ME.

Another vote for the ME toilet- quiet and wife friendly :)

We also have a ME and a Jabsco Quiet Flush. The ME is excellent but the Quiet Flush is loud enough to wake the dead. I cannot imagine how they came up with the name Quiet Flush. When I first installed it the macerator was so out of balance I thought it would rip out the mounting bolts. They replaced the macerator free of charge but it is still super loud. Extremely disappointed since we replaced a perfectly good head with the Quiet Flush because we thought the old one was too noisy.

We also have a ME and a Jabsco Quiet Flush. The ME is excellent but the Quiet Flush is loud enough to wake the dead. I cannot imagine how they came up with the name Quiet Flush. When I first installed it the macerator was so out of balance I thought it would rip out the mounting bolts. They replaced the macerator free of charge but it is still super loud. Extremely disappointed since we replaced a perfectly good head with the Quiet Flush because we thought the old one was too noisy.

Our QF is relatively quiet. Certainly quieter than the circa-2001 VacuFlush we had on the previous boat -- although that wasn't really all that bothersome except in the middle of the night (talk about waking the dead!).

The QF gradually louder as the original motor/pump assembly got older. Replaced that at around its 11th birthday, got quiet again.

Just an observation, not a recommendation... 'cause I have no experience with the ME to compare.

-Chris

Last edited:
All I can think is that they changed the design. Even after they replaced the macerator/pump assembly and I mounted it using rubber mounts it's still load enough to wake the dead. I originally thought it was the was the flush water pump so I mounted it in the engine room but you can hardly hear that one run.

Two years ago we decided that we wanted to switch from our really noisy Jabsco salt water toilet to a quieter fresh water one that used minimal water (small holding tank).

We took a flyer on the (then) new SeaLand MasterFlush 7120 Electric Macerating Toilet.

Two years later, we couldn't be happier. Very quiet and fresh water stingy. No problems with it to date.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom