Saying goodbye to an old friend...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bruce B

Guru
As excited as we are about ordering our next boat, there is no small amount of sorrow in saying goodbye to the old one. She has carried us through 10 wonderful seasons of sailing. Three Newport to Bermuda races (double handed with my wife!) with a best finish of 4th place. Nine, 6-plus-week Maine cruises.
Innumerable trips to Block Island, Cuttyhunk and Martha's Vinyard. Miles and miles of sailing and cruising. I commissioned the boat myself and do all maintenance other than varnish. She has been a wonderful part of our lives!
Bruce

Great video! I know exactly the feeling you are having. When we sold our Jeanneau 40 I had to go to the boat yard early in the morning and say good by to her.

Great video! I know exactly the feeling you are having. When we sold our Jeanneau 40 I had to go to the boat yard early in the morning and say good by to her.

This one will be difficult...
We are looking forward to the American Tug though!
Thanks
Bruce

Nice video, nice memories. I am not ready for a goodbye to my girl yet.

Boy, what a nice boat. I love that photo early in the video of the emerald green wave on the bow. Perfect timing for that shot.

I've always been sad every time I've had to say goodbye to a boat. The worst was when I had to say goodbye to a 330 Sundancer that were hit by a BUI while we were on board. It totaled the boat and I almost got teary eyed when they hauled her away.

Have fun with your new American Tug.

Boy, what a nice boat. I love that photo early in the video of the emerald green wave on the bow. Perfect timing for that shot.

Wish I could see it but apparently not allowed in Canada

I can only imagine (and apparently will continue to do so) of buying a new boat like that and having it be your faithful friend for 10 years. At least you've got the video to look at from time to time. I love the shot near the end of the boat heeling with the Admiral at the helm and you cranking on the winch. One can only hope that the new AT will do you better yet!

I can only imagine (and apparently will continue to do so) of buying a new boat like that and having it be your faithful friend for 10 years. At least you've got the video to look at from time to time. I love the shot near the end of the boat heeling with the Admiral at the helm and you cranking on the winch. One can only hope that the new AT will do you better yet!

We have been incredibly lucky... No question!
Building and sailing the Sabre has been an incredible experience with memories to last a lifetime. My wife keeps recording things on her cameras and takes great pleasure putting these kinds of videos together. It is amazing to go back and watch them later as you get to relive the moments again and again.

I'm sure the American Tug will be a lot of fun. It's a great boat and we will have a blast!
Thanks,
Bruce

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom