What footwear do you use?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vessel Name
---
On an other forum in The Netherlands started this interresting discussion, but what shoes/sandals do you use on the boat.

I personally use mainly the Maupin from Keen Footwear.

I still use the same footwear as I did on my sailboat. Habit I guess as the needs are entirely different now. Sperry Topsiders. I have some in leather and another pair with a mesh upper.

We wear Crocs year round except if we are in the dinghy in cold water <50, then we wear sailing boots. Keep the Sperrys for boat show duty only.

We wear Crocs year round except if we are in the dinghy in cold water <50, then we wear sailing boots. Keep the Sperrys for boat show duty only.

Crocs are practical, but I find them uncomfortable to wear. I used the Sperrys for boat use only. Too much walking in them is hard on my feet.

Teva or Columbia strap on sandals in Summer with canvas topsiders in the locker if needed.

Winter; heavy leather Rockports with good support and non-skid soles and large enough to handle wool socks.

Wanchese moccasins (white work boots) for when it's snotty.

Greetings,
Crocs. If it's chilly, Crocs with socks.

Croc-in-Socks-Plush-Toy-and-Baby-Socks-Gift-Set-Green-D.jpg

Flip flops 90% of the time.

Usually Sperry the leather ones with a thick sole, Billfish model. Sometimes sandals with nonskid nonmarking soles.

Me , I'm a barefoot man, sometimes thongs if going down the marina and for dress up I have graduated to Christophe Auguin deck shoes, these are the softest most comfortable deck shoes I have ever worn and over the years I have tried plenty.
As they get older they become a work pair ,replaced with new for dress up.

on the boat barefoot most of the time. Off the boat, flip flops since my boat shoes seem to have disappeared.

Barefoot or SKECHERS Go Walk with white sole they have plenty of grip even when wet and don't mark the decks . Also very comfortable to walk up the pub and they are excepted at the Yacht club by the Sperry snobs :D

ske01-21174_1.jpg

This business of losing clothes seems to be almost epidemic.

Cheap 20 dollar or less Walmart sneakers with high-buck inserts. That way I've got comfort and support but even Oliver ignores them at the boat shows.

Crocs on boat. One pair for normal wear, 2nd pair for engine room. Off boat Keen closed toes sandals.

Wouldn't have guessed crocs were still that popular. I find my feet slide inside them when they get wet. I stopped wearing them when we had the sailboat.

Oh mostly barefoot or flip flops.

Wifey B: Answering for hubby since he really doesn't know and just wears what I have for him. I have a bit of a shoe problem. So here are some of the ones he wears. I'm sure I'm missing some.

Sperry, Timberland, Tommy Bahama, Floating Style (they're designed for boat crew and pretty incredible), Sebago, Dockers, Calvin Klein.

I wear:

Sperry, Clarks, Floating Style, Timberland, Helly Hansen, Skechers, Adidas, Eastland, Campus Cruzerz.

Switching around a lot they do last a long time. :blush: :hide:

Oh, don't like Crocs. Don't find them comfy.

OK, I'll say it... I really dislike them (Crocs)!
To fill in the blanks I left earlier, Keen Newport's, Birkinstock sandals (best things ever,ever,ever!), Merrell Jungle Mocs, Merrell Blaze...
Did I say I love my Birks?
Bruce

As they say, the holes in crocs is where your self esteem leaks out.

As they say, the holes in crocs is where your self esteem leaks out.

Wow. Yes. They are very popular around here in coastal Texas. I think they look stupid, but that's just my opinion. My wife says they are a serious fashion fail. ??

Crocs can be practical, are seriously ugly, but prevent toe stubbing, and can be used for walking when off the boat. I prefer bare feet whenever possible onboard.
For a really bad Croc look, add socks.

Sperry Top Siders Buc Brown Gold Cup. Inner material is lamb skin (use to be deer skin). I buy a new pair every year. ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1465782200.036178.jpg

Back
Top Bottom