Thread: RT firefly
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2011, 06:53 PM   #41
JMYSS

RE: RT firefly

Quote:
nomadwilly wrote:

JMTSS,
Yes** ..that's what I consider you to be too and glad you are. I admire not only you but I really like the after section of the bottom of your boat. The bottom actually has some rocker to it. That makes it a true SD hull prolly running very well a knot or two or even three above hull speed but very efficient at or just above hull speed. Who designed it*** ..
do you know?
Eric,

Thank you for the comments I wish I knew who designed it but have not been able to figure it out, other then "Islander Custom Yachts" in Sarasota FL in the early 70's. For a while there was one on yachtworld that advertised itself as a twin engine but I have not been able to find anything else. I will post some more picks soon, alot of work has been done since the profile pick, her sweet spot is at 8.5 kts, which is just a little faster then I would have thought. In calm water I can push her to 9.5/10 kts but she is still a little light with some of the interior refit not done. One time I thought we where going to plain off and take flight, with a 20kt wind pushing us down the lower Cape Fear river and a full ebb tide also behind us, we hit 13.2 kts with the single N/A 135 Perkings. My favorite part is 1,350 gallons fuel and 300 gallons water. I can disapear for a long long time if needed!

JMYSS is offline   Reply With Quote