Interesting boats

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
PICT8150-1024x768.jpg

Nice!

What a sweetheart. I could even see Janice making Seaweed II out of that one.

Adding lounge instead of MiniTrawler's cockpit, for liveaboard?
Look at the dinette: dangerous when you leave front seat! no escape-hatch in bow-berth...
Mini TrawlerÂ*Â*8.40Â*::: Yachtopolis.com :::

From NL, there are other same small-size polyester designs, interesting in canals, sure much less cute! but nicer inside:
- Pedro Donky 29
- Grommer 800
- Drammer 820 Classic (photo below, built from 1988 to 2006) design enlarged/inspired from British fishing-boat (not far from "Cox Master Marine 22")
1997 drammer 820 classic power boat | id#ijssln
To get engine under cockpit, despite small draft 0.8m, keel is enlarged with fish-shape:
drammer-820-cabrio-41249050152857576857494851684567x.jpg

1997-drammer-820-classic-power-boat-lmpsjs.jpg

Last edited:
Adding lounge instead of MiniTrawler's cockpit, for liveaboard? Look at the dinette: dangerous when you leave front seat! no escape-hatch in bow-berth...

The choice would be raising the pilothouse or doing a sedan. Not as pretty.

Attachments

• PICT8150-1024x768.jpg
    PICT8150-1024x768.jpg
    155 KB · Views: 91
  • Sedan version.jpg
    Sedan version.jpg
    155.6 KB · Views: 82
Interesting enlarged pilothouse, healhustler.

In Rosas (Spain), for sale 125k€ this traditional 1937 Brooklyn built: I'm not the owner!
(it's from "Le Bon Coin" advertisement)
Total naked update Hull and reconditioning of vitals
Surveyed at: 228.000€
Last antifouled: Octobre 2015
Taxe Total yearly: 55€ each 5 years
19.80m / 4.40m / 1.30m
2x 250Ch 6-71 Détroit diesel
consumption 50l/h "for both engines"
Cruising speed: 10 knots
Marina fee=3500€ / year
c63bda987c7b078ef9b84321afa9c7c4a556e914.jpg

1dfb1474bb4af2c628efc1858e41fac5738c6708.jpg

Last edited:
There seems to be a following on these little boats.. personally I am not a fan but i thought I would post this link if someone was looking for one.
Hollywood

Willard Vega..

1973 Willard Vega 30 Horizon motor sailor

Attachments

• 00T0T_jUYiGvDyO4K_1200x900.jpg
    00T0T_jUYiGvDyO4K_1200x900.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 99
i284852689430131033._szw1280h1280_.jpg

bateau-de-grand-vagabondage_4D7E3DC6-CE43-11E5-922B-C62176D7CC98.jpg

Coming from Queen Mary (Transatlantique Paquebot, 1934), this aluminium (riveted) "chaloupe" (=ship's boat, life-boat?) had ctp deck+superstructure added on 1999; couple liveaboard/cruising French canals during 15 years.
- 11m x 3.6m x 0.75m draft x 2.5m height above water (25m2 livable area);
- 65hp Peugeot, only one stock-helm in cockpit;
- Water: 1000 liters / 500 liters diesel / 120 liters "red" (fuel for heating);
- Boat is for sale at 33k€, port-place (Montceau-les-Mines) is about 600€ per year (2000€ whether in Mâcon, Saône-River).
i285697114358855415._szw1280h1280_.jpg

Last edited:
Regarding post # 3402... Looks like fun in France!

From what I know (have heard) riveted boats always end up leaking at the seams. With a boat's age, I'd imagine that water ingress would increase. Am I correct in my assumption??

Regarding post # 3402... Looks like fun in France!

From what I know (have heard) riveted boats always end up leaking at the seams. With a boat's age, I'd imagine that water ingress would increase. Am I correct in my assumption??

This Queen Mary's lifeboat may be from 1934, maximum 1967...
Yes Art no long-term tightness, only historical:
Queen_Mary_Securite_t.800.jpg

Last edited:
There seems to be a following on these little boats.. personally I am not a fan but i thought I would post this link if someone was looking for one.
Hollywood

Willard Vega..

1973 Willard Vega 30 Horizon motor sailor

There's one in Juneau for $3500 on Craig's List. I think it's the one that sank several years ago in Haines.
H .... "not a fan" .. Why mention it?

i284852689430131033._szw1280h1280_.jpg

bateau-de-grand-vagabondage_4D7E3DC6-CE43-11E5-922B-C62176D7CC98.jpg

Coming from Queen Mary (Transatlantique Paquebot, 1934), this aluminium (riveted) "chaloupe" (=ship's boat, life-boat?) had ctp deck+superstructure added on 1999; couple liveaboard/cruising French canals during 15 years.
- 11m x 3.6m x 0.75m draft x 2.5m height above water (25m2 livable area);
- 65hp Peugeot, only one stock-helm in cockpit;
- Water: 1000 liters / 500 liters diesel / 120 liters "red" (fuel for heating);
- Boat is for sale at 33k€, port-place (Montceau-les-Mines) is about 600€ per year (2000€ whether in Mâcon, Saône-River).
i285697114358855415._szw1280h1280_.jpg

Small rudder? ..... Not this one.

There's one in Juneau for $3500 on Craig's List. I think it's the one that sank several years ago in Haines.
H .... "not a fan" .. Why mention it?

Because I dont think much of them.. you of all people should understand a opinion

HOLLYWOOD

I guess you didn't like airplanes, since most have lots of rivets holding it all together...

Air and water - completely different effects if/once rivet loosen just a scosh.

the only difference between air and water is their viscosity... both act like fluids...

True - But in conjecture we are speaking i.e.rivets leaking. :eek:

Boat leaking air while in air = no big deal... however, boat leaking water while in water = BIG Deal! :popcorn:

the only difference between air and water is their viscosity... both act like fluids...

The big difference is air is compressible and water is not.
But of course they are both fluids and fluids flow around things or allow things to pass through fluids. But water passing over a curved surface has much the same effect as air passing over a curved surface.

Because I dont think much of them.. you of all people should understand a opinion

HOLLYWOOD

Yes I'm opinionated but perhaps it just seems that way ... because I express my opinions whereas most don't. You seem to be a doer in this regard as well.

Strange about your opinion re Willard's as you're the first person I've heard that does not like them. Most all people liking them will be helpful when I sell. Here on TF I'm surrounded by people too polite or politicaly correct to say they don't like certian boats. On occasion I do that too.

Here on TF I'm surrounded by people too polite or politicaly correct to say they don't like certian boats. On occasion I do that too.

I'd go with polite because every time anyone posts that they do not like a particular boat it's normally followed by a dogpile of folks expressing righteous indignation that someone dare dislike any boat. There's several boats owned by TF members and on this thread that I dislike but choose not to comment upon.

Craig I agree to about the 95% level. There are times when stuff just needs to be said. And there are times when critizcizing another's boat is about something that shouldn't be offensive to almost all but the most sensitive. But I'd rather have hollywood or others tell me they don't like my boat now and then. Makes me feel like I'm in a room w fairly honest guys. To be spoon fed sugar 100% of the time isn't good either. That would be like being in a room filled w politicians. Can I talk about your left ear now?

Craig I agree to about the 95% level. There are times when stuff just needs to be said. And there are times when critizcizing another's boat is about something that shouldn't be offensive to almost all but the most sensitive. But I'd rather have hollywood or others tell me they don't like my boat now and then. Makes me feel like I'm in a room w fairly honest guys. To be spoon fed sugar 100% of the time isn't good either. That would be like being in a room filled w politicians. Can I talk about your left ear now?

My inlaws have a Willard 40 that I have labeled a "bath tub toy"...
As you might guess, I'm not a politician!
Bruce

I'd go with polite because every time anyone posts that they do not like a particular boat it's normally followed by a dogpile of folks expressing righteous indignation that someone dare dislike any boat. There's several boats owned by TF members and on this thread that I dislike but choose not to comment upon.

Marin likes next to no boats... except of course those he likes! :popcorn: LOL

Dislikes kids too!! :facepalm:

Loves his genius dog! :facepalm::facepalm:

Not too fond of me! :rofl: :eek: :D

funny thing is I didn't actually criticize your boat.. I sort of think yours is cute... it's the M/S version that I am " not a fan" of.
Too often the same hull with a different house goes from a gem to a pig.. all because the designer tried to fit too much in the cube.

HOLLYWOOD

Attachments

• 00N0N_jYTcNcahdBv_600x450.jpg
    00N0N_jYTcNcahdBv_600x450.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 98
True - But in conjecture we are speaking i.e.rivets leaking. :eek:

Boat leaking air while in air = no big deal... however, boat leaking water while in water = BIG Deal! :popcorn:

Anyone on a pressurized aircraft would disagree...

But, assume that both sealants and rivet technology has improved since the 1930's helping make riveted hardware more reliable and leak resistant.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom