New person, but we dont have a trawler

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vessel Make
Helmsman 4304
Hi,

Long time ocean dweller since I was young. Crewed fishing boat as a youngster, CMA, some time on tankers, and USNR duty to pay back Uncle Sam for my schooling.

Went shoreside in the late 80's and not much boating for the next 20 years. In 2011 my wife and I got back in to the boating scene, since we could finally afford it. We started with a Sea Ray, and then bought a Beneteau power boat 3 years later.

The boat looks like a sporty speed wagon, but we actually run it like a trawler and spend about 100 nights per your on the boat. We do quite a few trips to the islands as well.

I am looking forward to joining in some discussions, if you are ok with a non trawler boat.

Welcome to the forum!
Lots of people here with all sorts of different boats.

Ted

Greetings,
Welcome aboard. Heck, you don't even have to HAVE a boat just an interest in how we waste our time and money, seeing as you waste your time and money in a like fashion.

giphy.gif

Welcome, we have a nice Beneteau in our marina. Enjoy, the boat and the forum!

Hi,

The boat looks like a sporty speed wagon, but we actually run it like a trawler and spend about 100 nights per your on the boat. We do quite a few trips to the islands as well.

I am looking forward to joining in some discussions, if you are ok with a non trawler boat.

That's closer to "the mark" than we are at the moment, we still have a sailboat!
This group is active, friendly and interesting. I'm sure you will be at home here!
Bruce

Hey...welcome aboard! Heck, youve got a Beneteau now, that's half way there!

Thanks for the welcome. I am very good at wasting time, and money on boats, so it sounds like I will fit in.

Greetings,
Welcome aboard. Heck, you don't even have to HAVE a boat just an interest in how we waste our time and money, seeing as you waste your time and money in a like fashion.

giphy.gif

Short of taxes, boating takes more of my money. Are you ready?

Welcome aboard :socool:

What type of anchor do you have / use? :hide:

just kidding - watch out for that one and others

just kidding - watch out for that one and others[/QUOTE said:
Copy that. I have been active on other boat forums, and avoid the drama, and keep it about boats. Thanks again for the welcome. I have enjoyed reading through some old threads. Good stuff.

Hey, another CMA grad here. What year?

Nope, but I do work shoreside for a tanker company. '93 4D

Welcome aboard.
You cannot avoid the drama.

That Panama pic is a good one. They always look so unsecure sitting up there like that.

Back
Top Bottom